General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

Just seen Rock of Ages and was surprised to discover that not only is Kevin Nash in it, but he sings too! Is ere no end to Big Daddy Cool's talents?

Just seen Rock of Ages and was surprised to discover that not only is Kevin Nash in it, but he sings too! Is ere no end to Big Daddy Cool's talents?

YES YES YES YES.

i was joking for ages that he would sing. glad to hear.

he's gonna be in steven soderbergh's magic mike as well. screw the dark knight its Kevs summer at the box office

• Paid Members

This one just isn't going away:

There have been big plans to bring back the entire "Ghostbusters" cast for a third installment. There's already a script, most of the cast is on board, but we still don't have a movie. And that's because Bill Murray is refusing to take part in it, sometimes even ignoring phone calls from Dan Aykroyd.

This prompted Aykroyd to consider killing off Murray in the first few minutes of the film or possibly replacing him. Now, during a chat with David Letterman, Murray explained that he doesn't want to take part in a sequel that may turn out to be as bad as "Ghostbusters 2."

"They just don't have a really good script," he said. "It's hard. The second 'Ghostbusters' wasn't as much fun for me as the first one. It's hard to make a sequel. That first one was really funny. It was just so darn funny. It's hard for me."

Murray went on to say that he's not giving up on the third film and that a rewrite may fix all the issues with the script. "We'll try again," he said.

Source: Movieweb

• Paid Members
This one just isn't going away:

There have been big plans to bring back the entire "Ghostbusters" cast for a third installment. There's already a script, most of the cast is on board, but we still don't have a movie. And that's because Bill Murray is refusing to take part in it, sometimes even ignoring phone calls from Dan Aykroyd.

This prompted Aykroyd to consider killing off Murray in the first few minutes of the film or possibly replacing him. Now, during a chat with David Letterman, Murray explained that he doesn't want to take part in a sequel that may turn out to be as bad as "Ghostbusters 2."

"They just don't have a really good script," he said. "It's hard. The second 'Ghostbusters' wasn't as much fun for me as the first one. It's hard to make a sequel. That first one was really funny. It was just so darn funny. It's hard for me."

Murray went on to say that he's not giving up on the third film and that a rewrite may fix all the issues with the script. "We'll try again," he said.

Source: Movieweb

In fairness to him, Ghostbusters 2 was really shit. I must have tried to watch it about 3 or 4 times now and never get all the way through.