General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

I'll always have a soft spot for it. I can't judge Ghostbusters II on any critical merit on the fact I remember having angel delight at a mates party when I was 4 when I saw it for the first time. To me it will always be a great movie based on liking it as a kid. It isn't in the same league as the original, granted. The first movie was a classic. Once you saw Ernie Hudson, minus the tashe, you knew the second film was less about jokes and more about targeting the very popular cartoon at the time.

I saw the trailer for The Dark Knight Rises at the MTV Movie Awards. Looks class. Christian Bale is the finest method actor of his generation and Tom Hardy (Bane) is excellent in everything he's done so far. Should be an amazing watch.

I'm going to use that to segway nicely into asking if anyone has seen this...

curly_sue_ver2.jpg

James Belushi FTW

I saw the trailer for The Dark Knight Rises at the MTV Movie Awards. Looks class. Christian Bale is the finest method actor of his generation

Which generation?

2007_there_will_be_blood_013.jpg

Gladders, don't suppose you have a list of your Films Of The Day? I got some time off, my Freeview box has Youtube and I fancy watching some of the ones you've previously posted.

Also, my DVD copy of Cop arrived this morning. Yeaaaaahhhhh!

• Paid Members

Gladders, you've just changed your sig to promote One False Move. A film I had never heard of until about 20 minutes ago when I found it on Crackle, and tagged it to watch tomorrow. And now it's in your sig.

That is freaky.

• Paid Members
Gladders, you've just changed your sig to promote One False Move. A film I had never heard of until about 20 minutes ago when I found it on Crackle, and tagged it to watch tomorrow. And now it's in your sig.

That is freaky.

Even freakier is that I tried to watch it on Crackle this evening - but it didn't work. It's absolutely superb, by the way.

Crackle is shit, isn't it? Not only do they now have ads, but the colour seems bleached out of all the films.

I wish I had a browser on the 360, or my Freeview box :( Then I could hit that list of yours properly.

Crackle is shit, isn't it? Not only do they now have ads, but the colour seems bleached out of all the films.

I wish I had a browser on the 360, or my Freeview box :( Then I could hit that list of yours properly.

Internet explorer is coming for the 360 this autumn.

Hugh Laurie ("House M.D.") is in negotiations to play the villain in MGM and Sony's RoboCop, reports Heat Vision.

Laurie will be joining a cast that includes Joel Kinnaman ("The Killing"), Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson. Kinnaman will play a cop named Alex Murphy who is brought back from the brink of death and turned into a cyborg police officer. Oldman will play his scientist-creator and Jackson will portray a media mogul.

According to the trade, Laurie will play the evil and ultra-rich CEO of Omnicorp, the company that makes RoboCop.

Great cast at least.

sorry to double post but

European theater owners are meeting in Barcelona right now for the annual CineEurope convention, and a chief topic of conversation surrounds the extra cost that exhibitors expect to pay in order to project Peter Jackson's two-part adaptation of The Hobbit when the first film releases in December.

The Hollywood Reporter says that distribution of the film, which was shot at 48 frames per second rather than the standard 24, will cost theater owners more because the technology requires upgrades to projection systems.

Jackson is attempting to push the boundaries of filmmaking with the move into 48 fps, but as we reported back in April when we screened some 10 minutes of The Hobbit, the results were disconcerting -- almost like watching a live television broadcast rather than a proper "film."

"As we know, software updates are not free to exhibitors," European Digital Cinema Forum CEO David Monk said at the conference. "They take time and money, and you have to shut down the systems to install. Then they have to be tested."

THR adds that there are almost 4,000 screens in North America equipped right now with the Barco Series 2 projectors and the required software update to play 48 fps. Additionally, Sony plans for most of its 13,000 installed 4K digital cinema projectors to also support the format by the time The Hobbit is released

Is 48 fps really that bmuch of a difference? There were lots of complaints when people first saw the footage at 48 fps about how disconcerting on the eyes it was. should definatly be interesting at least this christmas

Edited by iamtheman