Sign in to follow this  
CaptainCharisma

General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

20 hours ago, DEF said:

T A K E M Y M O N E Y !

It's one of those All The Best Bits trailers, isn't it?

7 minutes ago, seph said:

It's one of those All The Best Bits trailers, isn't it?

Impossible. It has the Stath in. All the best bits will be every bit with the Stathe.

Pedantry aside, it basically gives away a couple of the high spots, an abrievated version of a full throwaway fight and the general jist of the plot

5 minutes ago, DEF said:

Pedantry aside, it basically gives away a couple of the high spots, an abrievated version of a full throwaway fight and the general jist of the plot

It looks like it gives away a good chunk of the climax, though. That shouldn't happen ever.

You could have shot the jeep/chopper spot without giving away who was driving either, or alluding to the context of the spot. M:I Fallout pulled a great bait/switch with their chase sequence, for example.

Edited by seph

3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Why would anyone watch that trailer? You know it's going to spoil so much.

Hype, a pulse pounding adrenaline rush hype boner. Yeah It's pretty spoiler heavy. Of course the plot of a FF film is wonderfully the same every time just with all new ricockulous action set pieces. 

7 minutes ago, seph said:

It looks like it gives away a good chunk of the climax, though. That shouldn't happen ever.

Reveal hidden contents

You could have shot the jeep/chopper spot without giving away who was driving either, or alluding to the context of the spot. M:I Fallout pulled a great bait/switch with their chase sequence, for example.

Perhaps but its Fast & Furious. That scene could easily be in the middle of it due to the mental scale of their set pieces. 

The Fate of the Furious trailer spoilt lots including the middle and final set piece, so I’m avoiding this trailer and just go see it in August 

Keep seeing a poster on the side of buses for a film starring Seth Rogan called Longshot. Should I be in the superhero thread for that, or is it just a coincidental title? 

8 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Keep seeing a poster on the side of buses for a film starring Seth Rogan called Longshot. Should I be in the superhero thread for that, or is it just a coincidental title? 

It's about a presidential candidate meeting up with an old friend who is now a journalist.  Looks like a rom-com from the trailers.

Going into the traps of a bookies gents on a Saturday evening and piddling a forceful stream to erase the days build up of rogue gik from around the pot is more exciting than another superhero movie. 

And I used to be one of them cunts who couldnt get enough of the fuckin movies. 

I know that De Niro has been doing these comedy movies the past few years purely for the pay cheque, but is he really that skint that he needs to soil his legacy even more by doing those new Kia adverts?

Adverts are easy money for an actor, why wouldn’t they do them? Orson Welles said “I’d rather do an honest ad than a dishonest movie” and he was Transformers so he knows what he’s on about. And I think he directed a Burger King ad once, fired someone on the first day.