General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

4 hours ago, chokeout said:

Can't help but think they've got rid of him before his murky past goes public again. No way it wouldn't get a lot more traction with everything that's been happening recently. 

The film will be terrible. I think it was a Sasha Baron cohen interview after he left the project and it said that because Queen are involved they want it as an upbeat film, rather than go into any detail about his personal life

Heck alot of blinds about this film being held as a hagiographic representation of Freddie as the members of Queen don't want to tarnish the bands image and thus limit earning potential. I'm assuming Queen still pulls in millions and millions in royalties and touring fees when they've been on the road with Adam Lambert etc. To paint a different picture of Freddie would spoil the illusion that everything was perfect and that he was a quiet and reserved man away from the band, and there definitely wasnt any of the partying and debauchery that is well documented. Nope never happened

37 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Surely the people who are obsessed with Queen know the ins and outs of everything every band member has ever done. Even then it's not like a bit of luck ever hurt a rock bands earning potential.

No idea boss, but it's been a constant whilst the project has been in gestation http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/03/09/sacha-baron-cohen-explains-the-real-reason-he-dropped-out-of-freddie-mercury-biopic/ for example.

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:47 AM, Egg Shen said:

what is the worst Super Hero movie out there? i think this one would take some topping (though i dont think this is based on an actual comic book character)...

This bad boy takes some beating...

Image result for the photon effect

Some of the CG and dialogue in this bag of dicks is phenomenal.

• Paid Members
On 12/5/2017 at 12:37 PM, chokeout said:

Can't help but think they've got rid of him before his murky past goes public again. No way it wouldn't get a lot more traction with everything that's been happening recently. 

:confused:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/08/bryan-singer-denies-sexually-assaulting-17-year-old-boy-at-yacht-party-in-2003

4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Yeah, they're great. The lastest Wheel of the Worst is the greatest thing Youtube has ever spewed up, I still need to watch their movies at some point.

I did have Space Cop on pre-order but my bank card declined and didn't get round to re-ordering. My favourite BOTW is the one with Hard Ticket To Hawaii, Deadly Prey & Miami Connection. I owned HTTH already as I had the Sidarris collection as Buff Bagwell is in a few of his movies and had seen Deadly Prey but had to buy Miami Connection after seeing this. Now has pride of place in my Blu-ray collection :D

Edited by rubbafish

As we are starting to hit that time of the year, best films of 2017? For me the stand out is actually a documentary called 'Forever Pure' about Beitar Jerusalem. Has to be seen by anyone with any with interests in football, politics and racial relations. Second would be Logan and third Hidden Figures. Some really good stuff this year!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Feels like I've been waiting for ages for this. Really excited, especially after I watched Suburra which is a fantastic crime thriller in its own right. Looks like they may have found a quality director for it.