Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Paid Members

I don't care what the evidence points to but if any of you honestly think Benoit killed his wife and son and then himself you're morons. Someone's name is being heavily tarnished here with Sheriff's Department ineptitude.

Astonishing.

Guest draVen

I don't care what the evidence points to but if any of you honestly think Benoit killed his wife and son and then himself you're morons. Someone's name is being heavily tarnished here with Sheriff's Department ineptitude.

Seriously, I appreciate that everyone is upset and refusing to believe that such a highly-esteemed hero to many could be capable of committing a crime, but people need to stop this blatent denial trip. I was up all night trying to find loopholes and making sense of things, and having only just woke up, it's pretty much sunk in to me that there is a 99% chance that Benoit went home this weekend and murdered his family. It's not a happy story, hell it's probably going to be one of the hardest stories to take of our generation. But I get the feeling that some people are going to refuse to believe it even if police confirm it (which, let's be honest, in all likelihood they will). It's a shame, but some people need to snap into reality at some point soon.Hey, I'd LOVE for the police to reveal that they were wrong. I'd absolutely love it and would gladly take "accident" over "cold-blooded murder". It's not a good scenerio in any circumstance because the end result is still three people dead, but it'd soften the blow for everyone.Sadly, I just get the very strong feeling that we're not getting that blow softener.

Astonishing.
Not really, it's Philjax.

For some reason, all I can think of is his ECW promos where he kept rubbing his hands, and they'd do close-ups showing the strength in his grasp.Today is going to be a long day I think. If I'm honest, I think anyone is capable of murder in the right circumstances, so somebody who's spent his professional life simulating violence is hardly immune.

Edited by Loki

I've been reading people's responses to the situation accross 3 different forums since last night, and I can't believe how quickly everyone has jumped to condemn him.

Really?I'd say the opposite - I've been F5ing this thread throughout the day and it seems that those who have condemned him have been flamed for doing so and told to wait for the facts.It's an honorable sentiment, and I'm not going to demonise or grant high praise to the bloke until the news is 100 per cent confirmed because I've no interested in getting in a war of words when three people including a defenseless young boy have just lost their life in tragic circumstances, but it certainly looks ominous. The police couldn't get in without forcing entry and even then had difficulty because of the guard dogs, so it appears to be an in-house job by either Chris or Nancy. As a poster said on here, people rip wrestlers like Snitsky apart for being a shit wrestler yet are willing to give someone they like temporary benefit of the doubt over what looks like a double murder. That attitude is a tiny bit strange.Mental or not, if - IF - he committed this atrocity then nothing he's ever done in the ring will make it forgiveable. If he didn't, then WWE have done a terrible thing to mislead people by reporting their belief as fact. But then they and the police know more than we do - maybe all the clues were in those texts to Chavo. Edited by 619

• Paid Members

I am not sure if anyone has menioned this posibility as of yet, but I dread the strong chance of WWE using some of this in a storyline ala Eddie.

Somehow I don't see his wife showing up.

• Paid Members

This is the stupidest post in the thread and that is a fucking unbelievable achievement.

The situation surrounding Eddie's death was far different to those surrounding Benoit's.If the police do complete their investigation and say that Benoit was the murderer then you'd imagine the WWE will want to be as far removed from this as possible. Quite frankly i'm astonished wwe.com has still got up the tributes next to a big news bulletin saying that he may have murdered them.

• Paid Members

a couple of things from the torch website that have been missed in a mid the copying and pasting

-- LATEST NEWS ON BENOIT: An autopsy will be performed on Chris, Nancy, and Daniel this morning, with the results to follow possibly as early as tonight. The investigators that were interviewed for the AP article on the circumstances of the death did not tell the condition of the bodies or possible cause of death, but the police story being told to sources is that Nancy was killed first on Saturday, then Daniel on Sunday, and then Benoit killed himself on Monday after sending the "curious text messages" to his inner circle of friends in WWE. The situation is being handled as a homicide and WWE has announced it as "double murder-suicide".

so how about we all just wait until then?

-- ECW ON SCI FI PREVIEW: WWE obviously does not have a preview for tonight's ECW show. WWE is still scheduled to tape Smackdown and ECW tonight in San Antonio. They will not be airing a second tribute show to Benoit, as new information has become public regarding the deaths of Benoit's family since the Raw Tribute aired ...

that clears up a little bit what theyre planning tonight, though that could change obviously Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

I am not sure if anyone has menioned this posibility as of yet, but I dread the strong chance of WWE using some of this in a storyline ala Eddie.

Somehow I don't see his wife showing up.
They wanted transparency in Smackdown's General Management but I believe this is taking it a bit far...

its run by michael cole, what do you expect?

You mean Michael Cole (aka Michael Coulthard) the highly experienced and respected broadcast journalist who spent almost a year under siege in Sarajevo? Or Michael Coutlhard, the highly respected and experienced broadcast journalist who covered the Waco seige and massacre on a national scale in the US?The guy may not be everyones favourite commentator, but I don't think anyone can question his skills as a journalist. His skills as an editor, however, clearly leave a lot to be desired.

• Paid Members

Don't know if it's been posted but FOX news is reporting on this... the way that channel seems to be run give it about half an hour and they will be back to the story... Nothing new really... Just some footage of police outside his house...