Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Moderators

We know that's wrong now, as his body was found in the weights room, not the foyer. Plus the police believe he did it.

Is the "weight's room" bit confirmed, or just a rumour from the PWT?
It was announced officially. Some police guy mentioned it on Sky Sports News earlier.

We know that's wrong now, as his body was found in the weights room, not the foyer. Plus the police believe he did it.

the investigating officer said it on Sky Sports NewsEDIT : sorry, already posted. Edited by klown

• Paid Members

I don't care what the evidence points to but if any of you honestly think Benoit killed his wife and son and then himself you're morons. Someone's name is being heavily tarnished here with Sheriff's Department ineptitude.

Seriously, I appreciate that everyone is upset and refusing to believe that such a highly-esteemed hero to many could be capable of committing a crime, but people need to stop this blatent denial trip. I was up all night trying to find loopholes and making sense of things, and having only just woke up, it's pretty much sunk in to me that there is a 99% chance that Benoit went home this weekend and murdered his family. It's not a happy story, hell it's probably going to be one of the hardest stories to take of our generation. But I get the feeling that some people are going to refuse to believe it even if police confirm it (which, let's be honest, in all likelihood they will). It's a shame, but some people need to snap into reality at some point soon.
Again, to re-iterate, or, rather, elaborate: nobody on here is denying that Benoit did it, with the single misguided exception of Philjax. What people are denying is that we should suddenly start jumping up and down on Benoit's grave before it's even been dug, and before the police have said: "Benoit did it, case closed." Until they do, those people are saying: "There's a chance, however small, that he didn't do it, and we're holding on to that hope."Philjax - seriously, I think you're allowing emotion to get ahead of you there. I want Benoit to be innocent as much as anyone, but to categorically deny that he did it is as bad as those on here who want to go over to the US and hang his body from the Tyburn Tree.To those taking the piss: please keep in mind that there are those on this forum who have invested a lot of emotion and admiration in Benoit, so they're having a hard time coming to grips with it. I personally don't, as to me it is another tragic wrestling death, but I think a little forbearance is in order until the police conclude. THEN, it's carte blanche.

• Paid Members

It was announced officially. Some police guy mentioned it on Sky Sports News earlier.
Ah, right, OK.What did people make of the HHH story on Raw? He said "funny story" and then told a story of benoit making a "young wrestler" do 1000 squats in the locker room for disrespecting Shawn Michaels, and then the following day, when the kid couldn't bend his legs, made him do 500 more. I thought it made Benoit sound more like an ogre than a consummate pro who demanded respect.

Hey, listen, i don't want to get into an argument about it. If it turns out he 100% did it then so be it and i'll happily get on with my life but i just think the whole scenario is very unlikely. I think the thread should be closed until the autopsy is done and the case is totally closed with a fulproof explanation.It's just the morons who keep posting their rumours from wrestling websites which are all complete bullshit that are annoying.

I've just seen Sky Sports News' report. They said something like "Only back in April, Benoit told of the hardship and sacrifices involved in wrestling" and showed part of an interview with him (along with his appearance at Sky Sports studios), clearly alluding that this was linked with what has happened.The rest was what has already reported from other sources.

• Paid Members

Ah, right, OK.What did people make of the HHH story on Raw? He said "funny story" and then told a story of benoit making a "young wrestler" do 1000 squats in the locker room for disrespecting Shawn Michaels, and then the following day, when the kid couldn't bend his legs, made him do 500 more. I thought it made Benoit sound more like an ogre than a consummate pro who demanded respect.
Hardly. Making a wrestler do squats (thus giving him the option to chicken out and make himself look like shit) is a lot better (and healthier) option than beating the shit out him, which is what some of the more "old school" lot would have done.

• Paid Members

I think the thread should be closed until the autopsy is done and the case is totally closed with a fulproof explanation.

Why? No-one closed the Barrymore thread or any other similar threads. People will speculate and wonder and try and piece things together, its human nature. If you don't like it, you know what to do.

Hardly. Making a wrestler do squats (thus giving him the option to chicken out and make himself look like shit) is a lot better (and healthier) option than beating the shit out him, which is what some of the more "old school" lot would have done.

Perhaps. I still think wrestlers and normal people have a different opinion of what "funny story" means. Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I think the thread should be closed until the autopsy is done and the case is totally closed with a fulproof explanation.

Why? No-one closed the Barrymore thread or any other similar threads. People will speculate and wonder and try and piece things together, its human nature. If you don't like it, you know what to do.
It's because Barrymore is a dirty fag.

Gays, and women who never had 5* matches, are obviously fair game.

I believe the weight room bit is confirmed.On Sky Sports news they showed a clip of a policeman being interviewed outside the house, and he said that Benoit was found in the weights room, Daniel in his bedroom, and his wife in an office, IIRC.edit- weight room confirmation bit already posted Edited by jerichoholictufcfan

It's just the morons who keep posting their rumours from wrestling websites which are all complete bullshit that are annoying.

Like the exact thing you are doing just now?I think you may have put your name down as the biggest fucking moron in UKFF history with your last few posts. And it's a fucking massive list for you to head.Seriously, fucking idiot. I was literally shaking my head with my mouth wide open while reading your post. How is itpossible for somebody to be so dumb? Edited by Ally Clark

• Paid Members

Gays, and women who never had 5* matches, are obviously fair game.
Yes. Exactly. What about gays who had 5* matches?