Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

I never understood how Benoit always kept such a sparkling reputation with everyone anyway.

He was a good worker.

Well done, give yourself a gold star, but i'm not presenting it as fact or a rumour from a website. That's just my personal opinion.

What have you based this opinon on, apart from a barely disguised dislike of women?

• Paid Members

It's just the morons who keep posting their rumours from wrestling websites which are all complete bullshit that are annoying.

Far more likely that Nancy strangled Daniel and then Chris killed her in rage maybe.

Well done, give yourself a gold star, but i'm not presenting it as fact or a rumour from a website. That's just my personal opinion.
My point is that you're moaning that people are posting evidence-less bullshit, yet you're both refuting evidence and posting evidence-less bullshit. It's mind boggling.

i know i'm rumour mongering BUT stole this from dvdr board which stole it from TMZ.com, could be completely false, so i dont think anybody should take this as fact, though it will give the people in denial something to cling to...

From TMZ.com464. My second cousin is an officer with GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) and what he's heard in his circle is that Chirs Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room appearantly suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a seperate relationship), and his fans. He then fasioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the ballaster in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home.also, http://www.11alive.com/video/player.aspx?aid=74565&bw=

Doesn't add up. Why would nancy want to kill Daniel?
I don't know. Why would Chris want to kill Daniel?For the record, I'm not pointing the blame at either.
I want to believe that theres an outside party involved, but theres no evidence, or even reports of evidence, of a struggle or anything like that.

• Paid Members

I never understood how Benoit always kept such a sparkling reputation with everyone anyway.

He was a good worker.
That's partly it, he also had a reputation as a quiet, honourable guy. Perhaps if more stories like the squats story came out, it'd be different.

• Paid Members

We know that's wrong now, as his body was found in the weights room, not the foyer. Plus the police believe he did it.

Is the "weight's room" bit confirmed, or just a rumour from the PWT?
It was announced officially. Some police guy mentioned it on Sky Sports News earlier.
Ah, right, OK.What did people make of the HHH story on Raw? He said "funny story" and then told a story of benoit making a "young wrestler" do 1000 squats in the locker room for disrespecting Shawn Michaels, and then the following day, when the kid couldn't bend his legs, made him do 500 more. I thought it made Benoit sound more like an ogre than a consummate pro who demanded respect.
Yeah but wrestlers in general are wankers. I never understood how Benoit always kept such a sparkling reputation with everyone anyway. He was part of that wrestlers court thing that people used to accuse the other members, Undertaker and JBL of using purely to bully people and make themselves feel big, yet Benoit never got mentioned in a bad light. It just goes to show how much of an internet d,arling he is the way so m any people are reacting to the murder situation too.
Like I said in my reply to that post, I don't think making someone do squats is a particularly wankerish thing to do in comparison to what the old schoolers would do, especially given the conditioning of most WWE wrestlers.

If it was Triple H involved, I highly doubt 5% of the same people would be saying "Lets just wait for confirmation first", or "Triple H doesnt have a murderous rage in him", before they accepted that he was to blame. Here, people are just blindly ignoring facts coming from dozens of sources that Benoit murdered his family and then committed suicide.

Actually, looking back on this whole thread has taught me to re-evaluate how I'd look at such things, and as such, as a result, if it was someone like Snitsky or Khali, or Triple or Michaels, I'd be saying the exact same things I've been saying on this thread: stop condemning the guy and wait for everything to be conclusively announced. Until then, say nothing.And, to re-iterate, apart from Philjax, the only thing anyone's denying is that Chris Benoit being a murderer is 100% fact.

• Moderators

Just so everyone knows this thread has resulted in at least 5 suspensions so far.If anyone else wants to join that list then feel free to continue trolling, baiting, flaming or posting hyperbole.

Not posted here for a while, haven't followed any WWE on TV for a good few months now, read up on a regular basis to see what's going on storyline wise. I got a text this morning at around half past 6 from my little bro informing me that Chris Benoit & his family were dead. Absolute madness!It's tragic & you have to feel for his relatives & close friends.

Edited by Five Alive

• Paid Members

Just so everyone knows this thread has resulted in at least 5 suspensions so far.If anyone else wants to join that list then feel free to continue trolling, baiting, flaming or posting hyperbole.

Who's been suspended?

Just found this...

CNN is reporting that two weeks prior to the tragic events of thisweekend, concerned WWE fans and fans of Chris Benoit called a localAtlanta news channel inquiring about the death of Benoit. CNN is unable tosay where the rumor started but say it is an eerie coincidence to say theleast. (I had not heard any such rumor and am quite surprised that CNNwould mention it.)Toxicology results will be in by 1:00PM EST and while police are almostpositive it was a double murder-suicide, they are not ruling out any othercause of death in the case.For those interested, CNN will be covering the toxicology results as soonas they become public.Again, to refresh, two weeks PRIOR to this weekend, fans called a localAtlanta news channel asking if they knew any information on the death ofBenoit.

Edited by GIB

Just found this...

CNN is reporting that two weeks prior to the tragic events of thisweekend, concerned WWE fans and fans of Chris Benoit called a localAtlanta news channel inquiring about the death of Benoit. CNN is unable tosay where the rumor started but say it is an eerie coincidence to say theleast. (I had not heard any such rumor and am quite surprised that CNNwould mention it.)Toxicology results will be in by 1:00PM EST and while police are almostpositive it was a double murder-suicide, they are not ruling out any othercause of death in the case.For those interested, CNN will be covering the toxicology results as soonas they become public.Again, to refresh, two weeks PRIOR to this weekend, fans called a localAtlanta news channel asking if they knew any information on the death ofBenoit.

How bizarre!

• Paid Members

I get the impression the Fox News coverage isn't being shown on our feed as it's being shown as sports news so they're overlaying UK sports news from sky sports

My Hubby just pointed out that whilst its all very tragic - we did sit down and over last nights curry watched 2 hours of the crime channel - all documentaries about average people who at some point or other killed strangers/loved ones/families/friends for completely random reasons. One man pushed his wife off the grand canyon because it was easier than getting a divorce. Bad stuff happens, and im not comparing - but it happens a lot - and none of us know what was going through Benoits head as events unfolded. It might only be a small straw that breaks the camels back - but it happens... if this were normal old joe public no one would care aside from the families involved.I can't remember who it was who posted earlier about it being a morbid fascination - but its true.(as an afterthought - i like the word hyperbole)