The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

Max Avery Lichtenstein - Tarnation

Just found this.

Been looking for it since i heard a clip of it on the latest 'Impule' advert. It's an absolutly gorgeous acoustic instrumental track, with the most adorable piano melody over the top. At one point i thought it'd be better off for some lyrics, but after listening to it a few times makes me realise that they'd only ruin it.

Beautiful.

• Moderators

After uploading that At the Gates track the other day I had a request to upload the album from someone which I have done and sent via notice of PM.. but I thought I may as well paste the link to the album in here for anyone who's interested.

At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul

Really freakin brilliant metal album.

Guest jaymz_is_god

After uploading that At the Gates track the other day I had a request to upload the album from someone which I have done and sent via notice of PM.. but I thought I may as well paste the link to the album in here for anyone who's interested.At the Gates - Slaughter of the SoulReally freakin brilliant metal album.

Superb song, superb album, superb band. Melodic Death Metal as it should be.My offering today is Bedouin Soundclash - When The Night Feels My Song. You'll probably recognise from those T-Mobile adverts a few months back. Nice song for a lazy summer day.I'm feeling generous today, so I'm gonna give you Dry Kill Logic - Goodnight as well. I love this song. It's a bit of an escape from what the band are usually about, which is making a lot of noise.

Wasn't too keen on this album but damn this song is a great slice of indie rock.Band of Horses - The funeral

I liked the album a lot, but they've pinched a lot of their style from My Morning Jacket. That's probably the best song on there though, I'd say.I'm on a bit of an alt-country/Americana kick today, gonna post a couple of tracks. The first is from Micah P. Hinson, who I saw at Green Man last year and he totally stole the show. He's a former skater from Texas, who got sent to jail in his teens and came out with the demeanour of a grizzled old troubadour. He looks like he should be in Linkin Park and talks like he's Johnny Cash. And he's cool as shit.The second one is from Giant Sand frontman Howe Gelb, who on his last album decided to combine his lo-fi alt-rock stylings with a big fuckoff gospel choir, and he saw that it was good:Micah P. Hinson & The Opera Circuit - JackeyedHowe Gelb & 'Sno Angel - The Farm Edited by Parkamarka

Tori Amos - Winter

One from Tori Amos' 1992 debut album, "Little Earthquakes". She's one of those who you either love or hate. I think she's amazing but I fully understand why people don't like her. I recall Mick Foley mentioned this song in his first book, something about a match he was about to have with Terry Funk that was going to be a brutal one and he heard this song while he was getting himself pumped up for it and thought it was one of the most beautiful things he'd heard.

• Paid Members

Evening all,

I havn't been able to upload much recently due to crap NTL connection. All is now working fine

In light of my last two songs Captain Beefheart - Sure 'Nuff 'N Yes I do and Jethro Tull - A Song For Jefferey, I present to you all a veritable buffet of Blues songs from my collection, some old, some new, some good, some great, but all worth a listen.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Commotion

My current favourate band, these guys play the blues like no other white men. If you like Kings Of Leon, then you'll love this. A band well worth checking out, and if they're good enough for Jefferey Lebowski, they're good enough for you.

Jerry Reed - Amos Moses

Ah, Jerry Reed. So much to be said for an amazing guy. Phenominal guitar player, crazy voice and awesome lyrics. If you played GTA: San Andreas, you should recognise this slice of deep south blues about Amos Moses and Alligators. Brilliant song

Otis Rush - All Your Love

This is my favourate song from one of my favourate Chess Records artists Otis Rush, awesome riff, great voice and a groovy song that epitomises what I love about 50's blues music.

Charley Patton - A Spoonful Blues

This one goes way back. Thought that Robert Johnson invented the blues? Think again. Charley Patton was the godfather of the blues, and this is his best offering. he was so drunk when he recorded this song, no one has been able to decipher his lyrics. And he played guitar with a knife. Therefore he rocks. This is where Rock 'N' Roll began, listen to it and learn a bit about where your favourate music comes from.

Immortal Lee County Killers - Let's Get Killed

I know bring you screaming and kicking into the 21st century with some 'Essential Fucked Up Blues' from the Immortal Lee County Killers. The song is 'Lets Get Killed. It's loud, it's dirty, it's blues turned up to 11. The White Stripes wished they were this good

Howlin' Wolf - Immortal Lee County Killers

And to end, my favourate Blues artist of all time. Howlin' Wolf. The mans voice is unparalled. If the intro to this song doesn't send a shiver down your spine, you don't like the blues.

And thats all for now folks, let me know what you all think, if this goes down well enough, I may be persuaded to make an essential Blues compilation for the UKFF.