The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

Sendspace? Why?Seriously though, I've just had a bit of time on my hands, and have been going through the thread, only to find most of the links are now dead. Don't places like YouSendIt and MegaUpload keep them up for months?

I tried putting stuff on sendspace but it was taking absolutely fucking ages to upload so i gave up? Whats the average time it should take to upload a song there?

Alright, here's a song I've loved since the first time I heard it The Putrid Flowers - New World. This is a band who have released 2 albums, they got dropped from their label after the first one and then released the second one for free online. This track is from their first album, but if you like this you can download both albums from their website here. I guess they sort of sound like a cross between Pop Punk like The Methadones and Gainseville Punk like Hot Water Music, check them out.

Bizarre. Having seen that DVD, I've been giving Clarity another listen over the past few days. It's one of those albums where certain songs you've forgotten about for a while pop back up again and remind you how good they are. My favourite song from that album would be 'A Sunday'. I'll try and upload it so I can contribute to this thread rather than just gaze at it from behind a newspaper with eye-holes cut out. Having never uploaded music before, is it just the same process as uploading photos - open account with website, choose song, wait, copy link?Also have to echo the love for Futures and Bleed American, the latter being their best album for me. Perfect pop music. I just wish they didn't take so long in between albums.

Jimmy Eat World were incredible live.I recommend everyone gets the album 'Clarity' as it is absolutely fucking perfect.

I'm gonna annoy you now. I think Clarity is a tiny bit overrated, it has some really stunning moments but gets a bit self-indulgent in parts. I've also seen them live twice and both times I was sorely disappointed, they seemed off-key and nothing sounded remotely as great as it does on the awesomely-produced later albums.

You can't really listen to one song, you have to go from start to finish.

Of course. That's how albums should always be judged. It's been ages since I've listened to it, so I may dust it off for a re-evaluation.Am posting a couple today from two very similar artists, both of whom have the excellent gimmick of performing live solo shows with a pedal sampler, and looping their instruments to build-up their songs bit-by-bit for the audience. I saw Final Fantasy do it first, and was blown away, the whole set was just him and a violin and his little sampler thingy. He's an unofficial member of the Arcade Fire (hence the name of this track), at whose gig I first saw him supporting at a couple of years back. He was very likeable and a great showman and I'd recommend checking him out when he plays Manchester in July.Final Fantasy - This is the Dream of Win & RegineI do believe Andrew Bird was doing the "classically trained musician with a sampler" gimmick before young Owen Pallett, however. This is from his newest album, Armchair Apocrypha where he's expanded his sound with a bit more guitar than he has previously. He still brings the mad whistling skills though.Andrew Bird - Plasticities