The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

• Paid Members

I was gonna post a 65daysofstatic track, but I see you've beaten me to it. Good choice :thumbsup:

It just happened to be the track I was listening to at the time - the new album's great on the whole though!Anyway, I was listening to Arcade Fire's first album today and realised why something has always bothered me about 'Neighbourhood #3 (Power out)' - it sounds just like 'Touched by the Hand of God' by New Order.As a bonus, here's the band also covering New Order's 'Age of Consent' (although... Not particularly well, imo). Edited by elegia

After receiving a comment about one I've posted (Yay!) have another Hope Of The States songHope Of The States - Blood MeridianThis song has a cracking video based on an old Commie propaganda vid. At their gigs they used to have images and films projected on the backdrop, hardly the first band to do it but I've never seen it done so well, no image was there for the hell of it, everything worked.EDIT -

Good tune but I definitely preferred 'Sing It Out' . Sharing the New Order love now with my favourite track of theirs:'True Faith'

Dashboard Confessional - Age Six Racer

+44 - Chapter 13

Bloc Party - Hunting For Witches

Blood Brothers - Laser Life~!

Angels And Airwaves - A Little's Enough

Johnny Cash - Hurt

Matisyahu - Time Of Your Song

Thought i'd make my debut with a bang. Of sorts.

I'm sure you've all heard most of them, but they're my favourite songs of today.

Blood Brothers are possibly my favourite at the minute. They bounce between genres without any regard for anything, all the while maintaining a 'hook' or two. Laser Life is probably their most accesible track, but also one of their best. They're kind of like the marmite of music, you either love them or hate them. The same for critics too, one mag will describe them as 'the most important underground band ever' and another will declare them the worst thing ever. But, it's hard not to like them with lyrics like "I'm a pound of flesh in a drum machine dream".

Matisyahu is just brilliant. Jewish reggae from New York.

Angels and Airwaves are an odd one. I've only today realised they're not as shit as people make out...

...They're still nowhere near as great as Tom DeLonge would have you believe, either.

Aye, yes it's fantastic.The follow up Crimes was very good, too if not a little 'hip' for it's own good. New album 'Young Machetes' is probably my favourite. It's got a nice blend of the complete spazzyness of the first album and the swagger of the second album. Brilliant live band too.Though i imagine if you haven't heard them before seeing them, they'd sound a mess.

Though i imagine if you haven't heard them before seeing them, they'd sound a mess.

I saw them supporting Coheed & Cambria a few years ago, I'd never heard them before but they really impressed me especially as they were totally out of place on the bill, they got all sorts of stuff thrown at them. I got into Dredg that night too.

I got into Dredg when it was announced they were supporting glassJAw.

Unfortunately, as always, glassJAw pulled out. I know it's not their fault, but ever since their tour with soulfly (which i missed) i've had tickets for every tour and every time they've cancelled. Even the tours where they've managed to fulfill dates, they've never gotten to the shows i have tickets too. It's a shame, at one time i thought they were the best thing since sliced bread but i can take them or leave them now. Everything you ever wanted to know about silence still has some great tracks on it.

Speaking of Coheed, what did you think of The Prize Fighter Inferno CD? Besides the quirky Run, Gunnar, Recall... i thought it was absolutely terrible. Really was the sound of a once great man nestling up his own bottom.

Speaking of Coheed, what did you think of The Prize Fighter Inferno CD? Besides the quirky Run, Gunnar, Recall... i thought it was absolutely terrible. Really was the sound of a once great man nestling up his own bottom.

After the diabolical (deep breath) Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness I haven't paid much attention to Co&Co, their first two album were really enjoyable and I love the concept but there was literally one good song out of eighteen on that record and even that song wasn't great.

• Paid Members

Loved it, which album should I get first?

Unfortunatly, I couldn't say. Like I said, I'm not the biggest fan. I stumbled across that song when record shopping. It happened to be playing in a shop I was browsing, I asked what it was, and I went home and downloaded it. I've heard a few other songs, but nothing that grabbed me like that song. Isn't it just brilliant?

After the diabolical (deep breath) Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness I haven't paid much attention to Co&Co, their first two album were really enjoyable and I love the concept but there was literally one good song out of eighteen on that record and even that song wasn't great.

The Prize Fighter Inferno is Claudio's 'eclectic' solo album. I'm convinced that 75% of the time 'eclectic' is a nice way of saying 'shite'.As for (deep breath) Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness, it was terribly disapointing. It promised such great things, the imagery and the agrresive streak of the single ('Welcome Home') suggested they were going to fulfill their prog dreams. Instead, it was an album mostly filled with singles. Absolutely terrible.And as for repeating a song twice on the same album ('The Willing Well III: Apollo II; The Telling Truth and Apollo I; The Writing Writer) what was the point? The same song, on the same album..twice? The only difference being they added a bit to the end of the second version. Whoop-di-doo.I did like 'Welcome Home' and 'The Final Cut', though.