The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

Is that...Is that David Essex? Really nice track by the way.Summer eh? This is me being summery, although it might not be you - Tripping Daisy - Rocketpop

It certainly is David Essex! Who would have thought he could be reformed into anything vaguely listenable.Here's the bonus track by Bent. Although the lyrics are very sad and melancholy, in a strange way I find it's country-tinged tune quite uplifting and a great summer song. It could just be me I suppose!http://www.sendspace.com/file/cnugu3

Here's something a litle different. It's a song called Something Inside So Strong. The most famous version of this is done by a guy from Africa whose name escapes me right now, but a lot of you may have heard it - it tends to turn up in the most random of places, like painkiller adverts. This is a version by Belfast lad Bik McFarlane, and is a completely different take on it - enjoy.

Here's something a litle different. It's a song called Something Inside So Strong. The most famous version of this is done by a guy from Africa whose name escapes me right now

Labi Siffre, and he's actually from England. Which leads me onto..Labi Siffre - I Got The BluesYou may recognise the middle section of this as the main sample on "My Name Is" by Eminem but don't let that put you off. Another snippet of info regarding this song is two of the session musicians who played on it were none other than Chas And Dave who were both highly respected session musicians in the 70's so, in a roundabout kind of way, Eminem sampled Chas And Dave!

• Paid Members

Here's something a litle different. It's a song called Something Inside So Strong. The most famous version of this is done by a guy from Africa whose name escapes me right now, but a lot of you may have heard it - it tends to turn up in the most random of places, like painkiller adverts. This is a version by Belfast lad Bik McFarlane, and is a completely different take on it - enjoy.

I'm loving this. Thanks.