The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

Green is definitely third best, but it's not in the same league as Blue or Pinkerton. Maladroit has its moments but doesn't really do much for me. I didn't even bother with Make Believe after hearing the singles - I'm not sure if I've ever seen anyone praise that album.

Yeah, Green is third best, undoubtedly. Photograph is one of my favourite Weezer songs, though, so I always give it respect.

Since we're loving Pinkerton, though, it'd be a waste not to post the awesome wrestling-related track off that album. I feel confident this is the only song to ever reference Johnny Grunge legdropping New Jack through a table in ECW. Correct me if I'm wrong:

Weezer - El Scorcho

edit: Goddammit it to hell, since everyone else is ignoring the premise and posting more than one a day, I may as well post Photograph as well...

Weezer - Photograph

Edited by Parkamarka

Yeah, Green is third best, undoubtedly. Photograph is one of my favourite Weezer songs, though, so I always give it respect.Since we're loving Pinkerton, though, it'd be a waste not to post the awesome wrestling-related track off that album. I feel confident this is the only song to ever reference Johnny Grunge legdropping New Jack through a table in ECW. Correct me if I'm wrong:Weezer - El Scorchoedit: Goddammit it to hell, since everyone else is ignoring the premise and posting more than one a day, I may as well post Photograph as well...Weezer - Photograph

Oh the Weezer love is making me shed tears of happiness. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Blue is my favourite. Probably because I listened to the album so much when it came out. Saw them live at Reading 96 (showing my age now) and for some reason they took an inordinate amount of abuse. Loads of stuff thrown at them - cups filled with muddy straw (the straw having been put down to help out with the mud!). They seemed to take it all in their stride and think they enjoyed it. Must have been something to do with the rest of the line-up on the main stage that day. And the t-shirts they were selling which just said "Weezer - Rock Music" or something.

• Paid Members

Absolutley superb to see some filthy blues amongst the usual wrestling forum musical tastes.

Seasick Steve rocks it on many a level, I thought I'd add to the collection with some more dirty blues

Lay Down This World - The Soledad Brothers

Similar to early White Stripes, but better, from around the same period and I believe this one may have actually been produced by Jack White.

I'm currently searching this hard drive of mine for some R. L. Burnside and some stoof from The Black Keys

Summer's here again therefore it's time for some Power Metal!!

Sonata Arctica - 'My Selene'

Fun, fast and bouncy Power Metal from Sonata Arctica. Think Iron Maiden but faster and catchier.

Avantasia - 'Reach Out For The Light'

Same as above but with a much better chorus, a fantastic guitar solo and lots of high, hair-metal style singing.

Kamelot - 'Center Of The Universe'

This was the first Power Metal track I ever heard, this is what got me hooked. Warning: This songs chorus is really, really, really good.

DragonForce - 'Black Winter Night'

Believe it or not DragonForce have been around for quite a while, here's an excellent track from their very first album. It's instantly recognisable as DragonForce but it's not quite as ridiculous as the songs they're putting out these days.

• Paid Members

I absolutely love that DragonForce track, it's been on my playlists since I got sent it quite a while ago. Unbelievably energetic and uplifting, I really should get more of their stuff.

Summer's here again therefore it's time for some Power Metal!!Sonata Arctica - 'My Selene'Fun, fast and bouncy Power Metal from Sonata Arctica. Think Iron Maiden but faster and catchier.Avantasia - 'Reach Out For The Light'Same as above but with a much better chorus, a fantastic guitar solo and lots of high, hair-metal style singing.Kamelot - 'Center Of The Universe'This was the first Power Metal track I ever heard, this is what got me hooked. Warning: This songs chorus is really, really, really good.DragonForce - 'Black Winter Night'Believe it or not DragonForce have been around for quite a while, here's an excellent track from their very first album. It's instantly recognisable as DragonForce but it's not quite as ridiculous as the songs they're putting out these days.

OK, I have a pretty broad spectrum of taste and I'll try anything once. That being said, I can't imagine this is going to be my cup of tea. But I'll give it a go!