The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

• Paid Members
That song (and album that it was on) kept me sane on a road trip across Australia. My cousin had nothing newer than late 70s tapes in her car and begrudgingly agreed that I could listen to a tape of mine. The problem was that I didn't have one, so I went to purchase one at the next roadhouse petrol station. There was a massive selection of 3 tapes to buy, of which "We Can't Dance" was one. It cost me something obscene like $25AUS, but I was allowed to slip it into the rotation so it came up every 4th or 5th album. I'll always owe Phil for that.

I had a similar experience when my parents and I drove the length of France (and back, eventually) when I was about 11 - we only had ELO's Greatest Hits, which is about an hour long. I assume we listened to it about 100 times (we drove all over the South of France whilst we were down there, too), and I think I've still got most of the songs stuck in my head even now. I have to put a check on myself to not just reply to people with the lyrics to "Horace Wimp".

That's the lovely Catherine AD. One lucky (largely ex-) UKFFer got a signed CD of hers for Christmas one year (from me). She used to make these lovely handmade CD releases in small quantities all tied up with ribbons and stuff. I'm hoping that The Anchoress project works out for her as she's definitely good enough to attract a wider audience. I adore her cover of "Telephone" done under her original persona.

Telephone

Cheers for linking that, hauntingly beautiful is that. Had a passing interesting in The Anchoress, but shall check out the rest

• Paid Members

There's been some decent music coming from Down Under recently, here's a couple of songs from someone I'm particularly keen on.

Edited by stumobir

• Paid Members

Embarrassingly I am loving this Korean pop song called "Gee" by a band filled with ridiculously stunning girls called Girls Generation. It's a ridiculously catchy bit of bubble gum.