The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

• Moderators

Del has had some pretty patchy output over the years(although brilliant at times). His first two albums are fantastic though, as is the Deltron 3030 album, with Dan the Automator and Kid Koala.

The latter has just had a sequel a few weeks ago. And surprisingly, for something about ten years in the making with all the anticipation, it's pretty damn good.

• Paid Members

I'll be honest, I steer clear of posting in this thread because in general I've got pretty shit taste in music and I certainly can't dissect it the way some of you boys do beyond saying what I like about voice, lyrics or err.... music. But if Matrix has gotten away with Taylor Dayne * , I feel like having a pop with my latest "this is stuck in my head". ;)

theaudience - A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

I've always been a fan of Sophie Ellis-Bextor's voice, even when attached to songs/tracks I otherwise wouldn't have cared for, which I have to classify as "annoyingly catchy" and recently I've been watching her on Strictly (don't laugh) and they mention her old band, theaudience, in a lot of the features she's been cropping up in in the supplements your get in the weekend papers, so familiar with her solo work (and Groovejet of course) I decided to look up some of their stuff. This one has really got inside me. I've always been a fan of wonky songs where the melody is chirpy but the lyrics are downbeat, and this qualifies to a tee. Obviously if you don't rate Sophie's voice, you won't enjoy this. C'est la vie.

Sorry if anything I've written doesn't make sense, my head feels a bit fuzzy. I think I might be concussed.

* I actually think "Tell It To My Heart" is a decent pop tune, very much of its time.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
I'll be honest, I steer clear of posting in this thread because in general I've got pretty shit taste in music and I certainly can't dissect it the way some of you boys do beyond saying what I like about voice, lyrics or err.... music. But if Matrix has gotten away with Taylor Dayne *

Oi!....

* I actually think "Tell It To My Heart" is a decent pop tune, very much of its time.

You're excused.

Haha, i make no apologies for my taste in music "Of it's time" is pretty much spot on in as much as i'm heavily influenced by what i grew up listening to, my tastes have never really evolved although i'll hear the odd track out of the blue and it'll stick. That said...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...