The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Future Islands - Seasons, Live on Letterman

Check out this performance. I can't think of one so assured and ballsy in a long time. The frontman is great. Big Dave (Letterman) seems to be impressed at least.

I saw someone describe him as a "mixture of Glenn Danzig, Bryan Ferry and Phil Collins. All man". That's not far off.

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
If you dont listen to this, you're a gaylord.

Alan Tam - Midnight Rider

If you do listen to this, and you like it, you're probably a gaylord.

I'll leave it to you to decide which camp i fall into.

Fucking yes!

This track over the (uncharacteristically violent) kidnap scene is why Armour Of God remains one of my favourite Jackie Chan films.

Future Islands - Seasons, Live on Letterman

Check out this performance. I can't think of one so assured and ballsy in a long time. The frontman is great. Big Dave (Letterman) seems to be impressed at least.

I saw someone describe him as a "mixture of Glenn Danzig, Bryan Ferry and Phil Collins. All man". That's not far off.

Odd that his vocals slip into Slipnot/Death Metal style at brief moments during that performnce. I enjoyed it though.

I'll preface this by saying these guys are my mates, but this has been my song of the day for about a week or two now. Eagle eyed punks will be able to spot cameos from members of Wonk Unit, Snuff/Southport, Jesse James and Goober Patrol in the vid. The live stuff was filmed at a gig I put on a while back.

Oh, and RPW/IPW fans will spot some lovely Sittingbourne scenery in here too.

Edit: jut in case any of you were thinking of clicking it at the office, it's NSFW

Edited by Philo_Vance

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I swear all of my favourite songs come from films.

Although i feel ever so slightly gayer than usual listening to this one.

I've just noticed in that particular video, it looks like a fictional get together between the families of AC Slater and Tito Santana.

Edited by John Matrix