Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Awards Moderator

Here's a bit of a weird one. My good lady and I are going to have a takeaway pizza tomorrow night because we don't want to go out anywhere. Her favourite place to get stuff from is too far away from us to offer delivery, but rather than settle for a shit but closer alternative, I thought I'd drive down to the good place and pick everything up while she's at work so it's at home for when she finishes. It's a half hour drive. Are there any decent ways or tips to stop it getting cold on the drive back so I don't have to (i) reheat it once I'm back or (ii) have to resort to the close but shit alternative?

(I know the correct answer is 'how can you overthink takeaway pizza this much', but it's very rare we have takeaway, and even rarer that she'll suggest it, so it's officially a Special Occasion that therefore warrants overthinking)

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Buy one of those beach barbecues, light it, chuck it in the boot and place the box on top. Oh, and drive carefully.

As you can tell, I've got no practical advice but I wish you a wonderful evening. Enjoy HG!

Throw some tin foil over the pizzas and tape the pizza boxes to the dashboard and turn the heating up full whack. Not tried it but I'm convinced this will work. If you've ever left anything on your dashboard while you warm the car up then you'll know how hot stuff gets on there. Your car will smell of ham and mushroom for days but at least your pizzas will be hot.

Archived