Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's bullshit.

I'll stick to stevia, then.

Best idea. Have a look for the Bressler report. It's quite an interesting cover up. Use of aspartame was banned in the US numerous times until Donald Rumsfeld got involved. Then Monsanto acquired the patent in 1985. If that doesn't raise some red flags, I don't know what will. NB - I'm not an anti-vaxxer, gluten-freer, health food nut or anything like that, it's just something I feel quite strongly about.

• Paid Members

Don't have in depth knowledge, but whilst a lot of fear of GMOs is just scaremongering, Monsanto's market leader position makes them the biggest culprit of the darker side, such as a form of DRM for plant life and crops, and things like plants that can't be used for reseeding. Flip side is that it it's easily to gloss that kind of stuff over when conspiracy arseholes are making claims like Monsanto are sabotaging Chipotle to smear their GMO-free stance.

• Paid Members

If, hypothetically speaking, I was writing would it be a bad approach to write out the basic structure and then add in additional depth, detail and flesh to the bones in a second run rather than try to build each chapter fuller before moving forward?

• Paid Members

Hey! Another question about my driving issue:

If my mate accepts 6 points and a £300 fine before I go to court, if I say in court that he told me i was added to the insurancre, is it likely that the court could call him back for further punishment?

How to I remove a bit of wood nailed to the wall when the nail head is buried in the wood?

Edit, its this I need to remove

7A4w8Iu.jpg

With difficulty, but use something to chip the wood away carefully until there's enough purchase to get a screwdriver head under the nail, then use a second screwdriver as a lever under the first and ease it out until it's far enough to use your hammer.

Archived