Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be relatively easy to learn them, but being able to comfortably play them on stage would be a nightmare if you've never played before.

Don't cancel the audition though.  If they show enough confidence in your ability to give you the part then you have nothing to worry about, just get practicing!

• Paid Members

Nah Slapnut I think it Deffo has to be live, they could easily be a guitar playing actor auditioning so jobs a good un for them. Drum and bass is being mimed but guitar isn't (probably something to do with the sound mix in a theatre). If I get the part then I HAVE to learn it, and I also have two other plays I'll be rehearsing on through Jan-May, and a full time job. I reckon it's a bit of dead ender sadly.

If you've never played a guitar before, you might struggle there.

Played bass, but never guitar. Transmission isn't that complicated, but Shadowplay for a newbie is an absolute fucker.

As a guitar player (and not a particularly good one!) I'd echo this.  I've just googled them and and Transmission looks easy, you should be able to pick that up quite quickly - it's only 3 basic chords so you could learn those quickly, practise switching between them and try playing along to youtube/CD or something to get the pace.  If you have a proper teacher (or even a mate that can play) they could get you competent for this one quite quickly.  

Shadowplay looks nasty however.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

• Paid Members

The other thing to consider is, how competent a bass player are you?

Also, do you actually have a guitar?

Basing it on this live version, I reckon three months is possible if you've already got the mechanics of moving around a fretboard.

• Paid Members

A few months back i asked you lads about engagment rings and where to find one for a decent price. Well i took the advice, got a splendid one from Amazon and my bemused missus said YES as i popped down on one knee in late December in Amsterdam, in front of their massive Christmas tree in the main square.

Just though i'd say a big thanks to all who contributed! :xmas:

Archived