Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I’ve pretty worked with Dan every day for 3 weeks and he’s such a decent young man, and yet gets scarier every time he trains/fights.

Fujimoto is a lovely bloke, completely batshit but lovely. He’s been fighting professionally for a long time, having been a K1 World Champion before changing codes, so I don’t think he’s necessarily a straight knockover job. My guess is round 3 or 4, then the ref waves it off after a barrage of punches. I think he might be savvy enough to not get completely flatlined.

Liam Williams vs Alantez Fox is a good fight. A 6’5” middleweight is astonishing. It looked like a final eliminator but with the WBO shifting Munguia to #1 after stepping up, it’s just a ranking fight. 

• Paid Members

If anything, you know Fujimoto will be coming to have a go. Dubois's past few opponents have all come in and throw down in fairness, they've just been hit early on the chin and you cant be taking shots like that.

Looking forward to Williams/Fox. Williams has been threatening a break out moment for a while, he's been brutal recently, hes destroying folk.

Nxtgen was decent on Sky last night, highlight was easily the co-main event between Craig Richards/Chad Sugden. Excellent little 8 rounder if you can track it down.

19 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

If anything, you know Fujimoto will be coming to have a go. Dubois's past few opponents have all come in and throw down in fairness, they've just been hit early on the chin and you cant be taking shots like that.

Looking forward to Williams/Fox. Williams has been threatening a break out moment for a while, he's been brutal recently, hes destroying folk.

Nxtgen was decent on Sky last night, highlight was easily the co-main event between Craig Richards/Chad Sugden. Excellent little 8 rounder if you can track it down.

Fascinating thing about Daniels power is how evenly it’s distributed between his front and back hand.

Danny Kelly, his sparring partner for this fight, said that in many ways his jab is more powerful than his cross. Plus, he throws so many jabs that you end up in a situation where you’re chin is actually being tested by successive jabs.

Genuinely true story: before the Tetteh fight Frank compared Dan’s jab to Larry Holmes’ and I got an email from Larry (via his PA), thankIng Frank for the compliment. Now that’s a fucking jab, isn’t it?

• Paid Members

Well, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is a weird one isn't he. Comes in overweight, gives up $1million of his purse, fights well for 5 rounds then quits between rounds. They were saying a hand injury between rounds, hes now claiming it was a breathing issue. Regardless, the crowd was not happy. The reaction of Sr. ringside might end up an iconic image.

Boxing-1219832.jpg?r=1576905449386

Chavez Jr, shouldn't be allowed a boxing license. The lads not wired up right. He didn't take the VADA drugs test, so they moved the fight to another state. Didn't bother to even get close to making weight. For some reason, thought it would be a good idea to dye his hair blonde and blue for the fight. Fought ok for two rounds. Then started to whinge to the ref, Jacobs was headbutting and elbowing him (he wasn't). By the 4th round, realised he was getting tired and beat up. Then quit. Still made $3m. Not bad for someone who's prime was 8 years ago and his most impressive victory is Andy Lee. The whole farce was an Eddie Hearn promotion as well.

• Paid Members

its crazy that he still commands that kind of paycheque.

anyway, Dubois did his thing again.

You cant be getting hit with right hands like that, ouch. Dubois' highlight reel is already better than AJ's with half the fights, he puts guys out! Trying to sow the seeds for Dubois/Joyce fight afterwards was brutal, Joyce is a charisma vacuum, its painful to listen too. I do wanna see that fight though.

People were ragging on Tommy Fury's opponent but what are you gonna do? the guys 2-0, its to be expected.

Liam Williams was the highlight though, what a performance against Fox. Williams' is just a nasty piece of work in there, it aint pretty he just beats guys up. He's been on fire since the Liam Smith defeats. Williams/Andrade for the WBO strap next year is well deserved.

Edited by Egg Shen