Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

caught a spoiler but read the card was as dull as dishwater :( the year aint really kicked into gear yet. Matchroom's first show is this Thursday night though (yep, Thursday!) and looks a good one. The main event seems a British mission impossible job but there's depth there, oh and another Youtube fight 🙄

andrade.jpg

Keeler took a bit of a beating the other night. Thats the best i’ve saw Andrade look. 

The Farmer/Diaz fight was decent. 

It looks like the You Tubers are here to stay with their fight increasing DAZN subs by a silly amount. Hearn said 100k buys. 

3 weeks till the first big fight of the year. Apparently the champ and challenger both have rematch clauses so if its anyway slightly close there will be another fight at the end of the year. Heres one of thrm build up programs from the States, nothing spectacular but an easy watch.

• Paid Members

Davis' statement of sorts ^ 

You can tell Davis is abit of a bad egg. To me he seems like a kid who grew up in real bad conditions in Baltimore but ended up with the golden ticket in boxing. He aint the sharpest tool in the shed but has a shit ton of money and fame. I see it ending badly for him down the line. He's comes off as a more rough around the edges version of Adrien Broner to me.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, David said:

There's no excuse for that kind of behaviour, Ebb. The guy's a cunt. 

The scariest thing about it for me is, if he’s doing shit like that brazenly in front of all those people, how bad is it behind closed doors? 

From what I have read, the woman in question is no longer in a relationship with Davis. 

Davis previously tried to avoid paying child support on the child they share, and also of blackmailing the same woman for "seductive favours" - https://bckonline.com/2019/12/13/boxer-gervonta-davis-agrees-to-pay-10000-a-month-in-child-support/

A video emerged on Twitter last year of Davis being punched by his current partner. His personal life sounds like a right shambles - https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/gervonta-davis-and-ariana-fletchers-breakup-gets-messy-on-social-media-news.89014.html

But aye, ultimately he is a cunt. And a stupid one at that. 

Edited by jimufctna24