Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I feel Joshua will win this on points. Fuck knows why, just feel he has something to prove here and seems mentally in a good way.

Also, if he has been knocked out in sparring again then they need to look who they have him sparring with, that should never happen

Edited by Factotum

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

https://www.badlefthook.com/2019/12/6/20998552/ruiz-vs-joshua-2-weigh-in-results-weights-andy-283-anthony-237-povetkin-hunter-undercard-dazn-boxing

Ruiz is 15lb heavier than he was in June, the heaviest he's been since his pro debut. Dont like the sound of that.

The Buster Douglas training regime. 

• Paid Members

Thats made me side heavily with AJ. Whilst Ruiz has always been big, he was heavier than usual during the first fight because it was relatively short notice. Coming in 15lb heavier tells me that Ruiz either believes he just needs to show up to win, he hasnt taken this seriously, or hes simply showing up for that payday.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The Buster Douglas training regime. 

That was my fear with Ruiz ever since that video came out of him in his new mansion in the summer. Obviously, if you’ve just shocked the world and became Heavyweight champ you’re going to treat yourself. But there’s always a risk when an underdog scores a big upset, that the whole thing overwhelms them. And when there was talk of Ruiz looking lighter a month or two back, I just didn’t see it. If anything he looked bigger to me and here he is weighing in 15lbs heavier. 

Six months for an immediate rematch is a fairly quick turnaround and the talk about that has all been focused on the AJ side. ‘Should he have taken longer before a rematch?’ And ‘will he have had enough time to make adjustments?’ That kind of thing. But I actually think Team Joshua might’ve been a tad crafty. AJ was probably straight back in the gym after the loss in June. Ruiz was understandably on Cloud 9 and off house shopping. They probably saw Ruiz enjoying life and celebrating and tried to jump on him right away while he’s possibly not as focused and out of shape. The old Leonard vs Duran plan. 

Could all be fuck all. Maybe the extra weight will just wind up meaning Ruiz hits harder and proper irons Joshua out this time. But it’s made it that little bit more interesting for me. Like the Buster Douglas comparison, the worry if you’re backing Ruiz is that he’s content now and slacked off training and took his eye off the ball after that huge win in June. How do you come in pretty much a stone heavier than when you took a fight on short notice? And in just 6 months? 

Regardless, it’s going to be some fight. I don’t particularly care that much who wins. I really like Ruiz so I wouldn’t be at all upset if he went 2-0. But if AJ wins it keeps those Wilder and Fury monster fights alive plus opens up the trilogy with Ruiz. That’s the more interesting outcome for the division. But if Ruiz wins we’ve still got him against Wilder or Fury. I’d like to see either of them. 

• Paid Members

Stolen from twitter but Eddie Hearn when he saw Ruiz on the scale;

Also, Teddy Atlas seems to be having the same thoughts as all of us. 

1864035F-5AE3-4839-BFE1-A9EB796BF118.jpeg

Watch Ruiz go and spark Joshua quick now. 

Edited by wandshogun09