Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

fucking hell, Gamboa suffered a ruptured achillies in round 2.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2019/12/31/21044080/yuriorkis-gamboa-achilles-tendon-rupture-gervonta-davis-fight-results-injury-showtime-boxing-news

Insane that he fought through that. There was a lot of confusion on the night, it was never clear if his foot was injured or if he boot was giving him grief.

• Paid Members

i was somewhat intrigued by Logan Paul/KSI, despite a massive lack in ability there was no doubting both guys had some athletic credibility and they'd put some work in. As for the next youtuber fight:

Ā 

that might be the most embarrassing thing ever hosted on a professional show. Who the hell is that Gib fella? kid looks like he never left the house. You can mock the Paul brothers all you want but they are big, strong kids that seemingly are taking boxing quite seriously. That Gib fella is gonna have no business being in there, someone needs to pull the plug, this thing is out of control.

8 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

i was somewhat intrigued by Logan Paul/KSI, despite a massive lack in ability there was no doubting both guys had some athletic credibility and they'd put some work in. As for the next youtuber fight:

Ā 

that might be the most embarrassing thing ever hosted on a professional show. Who the hell is that Gib fella? kid looks like he never left the house. You can mock the Paul brothers all you want but they are big, strong kids that seemingly are taking boxing quite seriously. That Gib fella is gonna have no business being in there, someone needs to pull the plug, this thing is out of control.

He was on the previous KSI undercards and won both fights, didnā€™t look to bad if I remember correctly(as far as boxing Youtubers go anyways)Ā 

Where as Jake Paul struggledĀ against KSIā€™s younger brother, I see this GibĀ bloke winning by KO

Ā 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Barry McGuigan must be livid.

oh, and Boxnation has been revived. They've struck up a deal with Premier Sports and have some new fights listed, sounds good. You keep Boxnation as a BT subscriber too.

https://www.boxnation.com/boxing-news/boxnation-and-premier-sports-announce-exciting-new-strategic-partnership/

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, TildeGuy~! said:

He was on the previous KSI undercards and won both fights, didnā€™t look to bad if I remember correctly(as far as boxing Youtubers go anyways)Ā 

Where as Jake Paul struggledĀ against KSI younger brother, I see this GibĀ bloke winning by KO

I was unaware of that. How are they even fighting in the same weight class though?

Has Barry McGuigan ever had a partnership as boxer or promoter in where it hasn't eventually gone tits up or ended up in court?!

I was reading about him going on a BBC show after he had retired. He was slagging off his former promoter, Barney Eastwood with some slanderous stories. Eastwood sued the BBC for damages and won half a million from it.

57 minutes ago, Rossman said:

Has Barry McGuigan ever had a partnership as boxer or promoter in where it hasn't eventually gone tits up or ended up in court?!

It's happened a few times now, hasn't it? Frampton buggered off as well. If it happens once, you can put it down to a boxer being unprofessional, but when it keeps happening to him there has to be more to it.

Taylor's side of the story:

There were rumours last week that Taylor isĀ searching for a new trainer. So these developmentsĀ didn't come as a surprise to me. Taylor couldĀ now beĀ set to hook up with a trainerĀ who is mostly known for coaching heavyweights. Lord knows who that might be.Ā 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Ive always found there to be something shady about the McGuigans.Ā 

From the outside looking it always seemed like Frampton and McGuigan were made for each other. Barry used to parade Frampton around like he was his son. It ended in a mess though, Frampton still cant go into the details of what actually happened, id imagine details in the Taylor case will be scarce too.