Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

some decent dustups this weekend, ill try catching the main events at least:

1*HKI5EUGRw0dYIB8GhrRw3A.png

44bccd220b102c9a0016931190bf6db3.jpg

not sure if either is on UK TV, though the Top Rank show will air through the Fite App for a few quid. Got the Shields/Habazin card on Boxnation tonight too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hearn has said Joshua will accept 50-50 with the winner of Fury vs Wilder in Saudi Arabia. He's taking the piss. They're the draw not Joshua, and either will be an even bigger draw after their next fight if there is a winner. 

They'd both have Joshua too. 

10 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Hearn has said Joshua will accept 50-50 with the winner of Fury vs Wilder in Saudi Arabia. He's taking the piss. They're the draw not Joshua, and either will be an even bigger draw after their next fight if there is a winner. 

They'd both have Joshua too. 

I don't see a way for Joshua to beat either of them. He's nowhere near skilled enough to avoid Wilder's big shot for more than four or five rounds. And Fury dances rings around him for the duration, potentially even stopping him late.

For me, the Fury fight is the one to make, although not in Saudi fucking Arabia. Get two British heavyweights and get it sorted for London or Cardiff.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, David said:

I don't see a way for Joshua to beat either of them. He's nowhere near skilled enough to avoid Wilder's big shot for more than four or five rounds. And Fury dances rings around him for the duration, potentially even stopping him late.

For me, the Fury fight is the one to make, although not in Saudi fucking Arabia. Get two British heavyweights and get it sorted for London or Cardiff.

London or Cardiff makes sense from a fans point of view, but the Saudi regime is probably paying more than 90 thousand at Wembley and Hearn and Warren care more about that.

I'm not buying a PPV from Saudi but there are plenty of people who will so they wont even lose out in that regard. Does anyone know the PPV numbers for Joshua v Ruiz II? Just in case I'm talking cobblers (Fair chance let's be honest)

• Paid Members

going from the recent Eddie Hearn interview i dont see that fight happening till sometime in 2021 anyway, i think Joshua/Pulev, Joshua/Usyk will the fights this year.

Joshua/Ruiz II PPV numbers were huge, it did 1.5 million buys in the UK, 3rd biggest of all time (behind Joshua/Klitchsko, Joshua/Parker)

• Paid Members

Been slow on my Boxing news lately but just seen that Scott Quigg vs Jono Carroll is back on for March in Manchester. Well happy with that. It was meant to be on the Ruiz vs Joshua 2 undercard but injury cocked it up. Really looking forward to that. 

37 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Joshua/Ruiz II PPV numbers were huge, it did 1.5 million buys in the UK, 3rd biggest of all time (behind Joshua/Klitchsko, Joshua/Parker)

It done less than the Parker fight? That is a surprise. I figured that Joshua coming back after losing would have been a huge deal, bigger than his fight with Parker.

• Paid Members

yeh, i was surprised at that myself. Joshua/Parker has the record according to this:

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2020/01/04/anthony-joshua-ruiz-2-ppv-confusion/

According to that 250,000 PPV's were purchased after the actual date of the event, numbers like that just blow my mind.