Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

got price on points at 12/1 to last night so went for a accumulator of price points, Selby points, Okolie points and Prograis stoppage ….. a fiver returns £1619 with a William Hill boost

reasoning behind me going for Prograis by stoppage is i felt Postol and Baranchyk hurt Taylor and Prograis hits way harder then them, hits like a mule to be honest. Going to be a cracking fight. A really even card from sky tonight for once some geniune real close fights 

True regarding Prograis but i also think Taylor will up his game. Its definately a 50/50. 

If Burns has anything left in the tank i could see him steam rolling Selby and actually stopping him.

i just put a fiver on draws in the selby fight (20/1) benn fight (25/1) and Taylor fight 20/1. Theres always a controversial draw on these big cards. Bet itl be fucking okolie now after stinking the whole place up by hugging and wrestling for 12 rounds. 

• Paid Members

Yeh 117-112 was way off. I wasnt scoring it but i had Prograis winning the last 2 and he controlled the the majority of the first 6 rounds so would have it a draw or it swing 1 either way. Just an epic battle though, you cant beat a unification fight.

Price losing as he did was a bit sad. He had a go and landed that sweet uppercut at the end of 4, reminded me of the Povetkin fight a bit. I think Prices corner probably had some sort of agreement that they'd pull him out at the first sign of trouble. That has to be it for him.

Thought Selby/Burns was quality too. It didnt help playing out in front of a flat undercard crowd but it was a good fight with a bunch of nasty stuff going on on the inside, didnt expect that. Selby was the rightful winner.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah it was a brilliant fight. Wasn’t scoring closely, lost track as I got swept up in how good a fight it was. But I definitely felt like Taylor had won when it was over. 

I really, really, really hope Price stops now. I can’t do this shit no more. 

I was so relieved when that towel was thrown in. As long time viewers might know, I get worried every time the bloke from Altered Beast fights in case he gets killed. I feared another horrible starching was about to happen. Hopefully that’s it for Price now. 

Okolie kills the crowds for a couple of hours or so on these PPV shows. I get he’s had 14 fights, i get that he’s awkward, i get he’s a handful etc...... he’s the equivalent of a 20 minute Big John Studd bearhug on a drunk half asleep Andre The Giant.

Great main event. Chuffed Taylor won, he may now get mainstrean status. He’s everything thats good about boxing, a proper class act. Fairplay to Prograis as well, he could have bitched about the decision but he didnt. I loved his ring walk with his little fella. 

• Paid Members

Taylor/Ritson looks a complete mismatch on paper, but the atmosphere that fight will generate makes me want to see it. Taylor came off as a bit of a superstar last night, i wasnt sure if he'd come across well in the o2 but the audience was electric. Hes got that everyman charm about him that makes him likeable and has the boxing style to back it up.

• Paid Members

Prograis v Taylor was a great fight. Del Boy despatched Price and his corner did what a corner should do. Price needs to retire now, he found his level and it's not where he thought it was. Burns and Selby was decent as well, but the real stinker as always was Okolie. I watched that fight at 30x speed. The main thing you saw was still the ref splitting them up. Okolie really is excitement kryptonite.