Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

think thats about as good a fight we could realistically get given the time frame. Price will likely be in decent shape because he would have ended up on the Liverpool card. If Price can get a stiff jab working i could see him even winning it in an utter stinker.

1 hour ago, Porkchopcash said:

Chisora v Price.

Price cashing out i think, reckon this will be his last match. He said his kids and that were getting shit at school for losing matches. Be an interesting match for 3 rounds until Price slow down then i think its a matter of time till Delboy KO’s him.

Not sure I'd agree with that to be honest. Chisora is way past his best, and I actually believe that a win here for Price, coupled with his win over Allen, and he could be looking at a decent money fight next up.

• Paid Members

I hope Price does win. It’s obviously nearly the end for his career, he’s talked about it himself. I’d love to see him get that one big payday before he calls it a day. He’d get shown up but I wouldn’t even mind seeing him and Fury matched up sometime next year. I don’t know how likely that would be and a lot would depend on how that Wilder rematch goes but I wouldn’t be against Fury vs Price. It’d be pretty cool to see that happen after all their history and the paths they’ve both been on since. Of course, Fury wins that all day though. Price would need them 10 plumbers. 

I may be proven to be way off, but I'm kinda hoping that the confidence Price will have gotten from that win over Allen, and how well he boxed that night, will see him experience somewhat of a mini-resurgence. One of his biggest problems was that he got cracked a few times, and after that he'd freeze up whenever he got hit clean. He seemed to overcome that against Allen. It would have been terrible for the big man to finish his career as it was before the Allen fight, all that potential amounting to fuck all.

If he can beat Chisora, after beating Allen, and maybe get a crack at a world title or something, even if he comes up short at the final hurdle, he can retire with some of his pride in place.

I’d love Price to do it and as Fury showed against Chisora he can be controlled with a decent jab and boxing on the outside. But Delboy looks cardio wise to be in very decent shape and after his vicious knockout in his last fight his confidence will be sky high. If all the stars align, eg Chisora disillusioned missing out on the Parker fight, Price fights the fight of his life  then it can be done. I just have the feeling the pressure will get to Price being a sorta joint headliner on a Sky PPV and he’ll gas and struggle if the fight goes past 5 or 6 rounds. An interesting fight though, better than the Parker fight i think intrigue wise. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

I’d love Price to do it and as Fury showed against Chisora he can be controlled with a decent jab and boxing on the outside. But Delboy looks cardio wise to be in very decent shape and after his vicious knockout in his last fight his confidence will be sky high. If all the stars align, eg Chisora disillusioned missing out on the Parker fight, Price fights the fight of his life  then it can be done. I just have the feeling the pressure will get to Price being a sorta joint headliner on a Sky PPV and he’ll gas and struggle if the fight goes past 5 or 6 rounds. An interesting fight though, better than the Parker fight i think intrigue wise. 

The Parker switch may really mess with Del Boy mentality, and going against a guy who's gameplan will be to avoid the kind of fight he likes to be in, I could easily see Price winning a decision here.

• Paid Members

Chazz Witherspoon has stepped in to fight Usyk, 38 year old and wont pose much of a threat outside of being a pretty big guy. I remember Witherspoon being semi-relevant about 10 years ago, i didnt even know he was still fighting.