Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

They’ve built it well, wouldn’t say I’m looking forward to it but I’ll be watching, I’d probably give Logan Paul the win just due to size alone but I doubt his training sessions have been taken as serious as KSI’s due to Logan having Shannon Briggs as his head trainer, whilst KSI has been in with the Mayweather’s.

• Paid Members

Pair of YouTubers, fuck's sake. Paul's one of the dirt-worst, though - one of those tossers who literally just got a following for just being him and attracting a load of pre-teen girls and gays who fancied him. KSI's not much better though.

No interest in this. However the match goes, those douchebags win, unless they end up Gerald McClellan-ing each other (not that I'm hoping for that).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

catchup needed!

i aint seen Wilder/Ortiz yet but Smith/Ryder delivered last night in ring, it also delivered some of the worst scorecards of the year. I had Ryder winning 115-113, near enough all of twitter had Ryder winning yet Smith won on the cards 117-111, 116-112 (x2), just an absolute travesty. I could understand a close decision nod for Smith but i cant fathom how they got those cards. Ryder fought out of his skin, he bullied Smith around the ring despite being the much smaller man.

There was talk that Smith beats Canelo before last night at Super Middleweight, not a chance.

• Paid Members

None of them are beating Canelo for a while, I don’t think. I never thought Callum Smith would’ve given him much trouble even before last night. And I’m not having that fucking Billy Jean Saunders is the boogeyman that Canelo is somehow shitting himself of and avoiding either. Not seeing it, never have. Who else is there? He beat Jacobs. He wasted Kovalev. You’ve got Demetrius Andrade, Jermall Charlo, Jaime Munguía and David Benavidez who are all unbeaten but I don’t know, I just don’t see it. And I think Munguía and Benavidez, both being in their early 20s, could probably do with at least a year or two more before stepping in with someone with the quality of Canelo anyway. Golovkin ran him really close in their fights but the clock is ticking and with every month that passes I think his chances in a potential third fight diminish. Short of a Mayweather return I don’t see anyone beating him for a while. And even then, who knows anymore with Floyd. Canelo has matured as a fighter in the 6 years since they fought and Floyd is just 6 years older. Not that I think Floyd vs Canelo 2 ever happens. Floyd’s not stupid enough to risk that at 42. 

Not saying none of the above couldn’t give him a close or competitive fight but I just don’t think any of them hand him a loss while he’s on the form he’s in currently. And definitely not Jorge Masvidal if that goofy crossover fight somehow materialises. 

So yeah, like him or not I think the Canelo show will rumble on for a bit yet. 

AD88718A-692D-450B-BB7B-E7EA8E0C2514.gif

• Paid Members

Deontay Wilder, holy fucking shit.

He looked terrible for 7 rounds and then he lands that right hand from hell, the guys unbelievable, i gave Ortiz every round comfortably. He's been behind in so many fights now but he just finds that punch, he literally needs one. 

WilderOrtiz241119-9.jpg?width=1000&heigh

• Paid Members

ive warmed to Frampton as a personality, in interviews and leading upto fights i never really took to him, might be something to do with having the McGuigan stink left on him, but he comes off great on his podcast.

• Paid Members
On 11/8/2019 at 1:47 PM, jimufctna24 said:

I'm sure the pre-teen girls and gays will swoon over BJS. 

22 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Billy Jean Saunders

He won't go around breaking young girls' hearts (hee-ee-ee)