Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Matchroom in Manchester tomorrow...

taylor-linardatou.png?w=704

Katie Taylor attempts to become a 2 weight world champion and headliners her first show over. Anthony Crolla also has his retirement fight, hes fighting some Spanish bloke, quite rare for a boxer to announce its his last fight before it happens, hope Crolla gets a good send off, he derserves one.

oh, and ignore the poster, Buatsi is off the card with injury.

I'm surprised the Kovalev/Canelo fight has been sanctioned this close to his last fight. Kovalev fought Anthony Yarde at the end of August and if he's had a 6 or 8 week training camp. There's been very little rest period between. Golden Boy must be waving some big bucks about, Kovalev to cash out here.

• Paid Members

i know the result means nothing in the grand scheme of things but those cards in the Crolla fight were a joke. 98-92 and 97-93 for Crolla? i didnt see a single person twitter give Crolla the fight, even the overly biased Sky team had Crolla losing by a point, same as i had it. It was a pretty flat ending really, the atmosphere was great until it started and Crolla's performance just killed the crowd dead. Shame, as it could have been one last showcase performance for the fans, instead it was solid proof that hes right to hang them up.

Rest of the show was good stuff though. Cash/Cullen continues a recent run where there seems to be a FOTY contender on every show. Katie Taylor was made to work for her 2nd division world title too, Linardatou came to fight.

On 11/2/2019 at 11:35 AM, Egg Shen said:

i know the result means nothing in the grand scheme of things but those cards in the Crolla fight were a joke. 98-92 and 97-93 for Crolla?

At best, it should have been a draw. Crolla' opponent clearly won rounds 1-3 and round 9. There were a handful of other rounds you could easily score against Crolla as well. Bizarrely, Alex Arthur on DAZN also had Crolla winning by a wide margin. 

As for Kovalev vs Canelo, I had Kovalev up by a round at the time of stoppage. I scored rounds 1, 3, 4, 8 and 9 in his favour. I scored the rest to Canelo, with 1 round even. Tough result, as I really don't like Canelo, but hey ho that's combat sport. 

Can't wait for Inoue's fight next weekend. Hopefully it's shown on Sky.