Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I wasnt scoring closely but i probably had Kovalev ahead too, it was strange fight. Kovalev was content to just pepper away with nothing shots and Canelo just allowed him to do so for long periods, looking to land big shots made rounds hard score.. The finish put any end of potential controversy though, that was brutal.

On 11/3/2019 at 11:51 AM, jimufctna24 said:

Can't wait for Inoue's fight next weekend. Hopefully it's shown on Sky. 

Heads up his fight against Donaire is taking place this Thursday from 10.00am UK time(card starts) the main event due apparently at 12pm UK time. No news yet on if Sky are going to be showing or anywhere in the UK as of yet.

12 hours ago, Gooner said:

Heads up his fight against Donaire is taking place this Thursday from 10.00am UK time(card starts) the main event due apparently at 12pm UK time. No news yet on if Sky are going to be showing or anywhere in the UK as of yet.

Thanks.

I had it in my head that it was happening on Sunday morning. 

Inoue vs Donaire was tons of fun. Probably even better than Taylor vs Prograis. 

I had Inoue winning by 3-5 points. However, it was mega close up until the final 3 rounds, where Inoue forged ahead and scored the knockdown in the 11th. Before that, the momentum swung back and forth. 

Great stuff. 

• Paid Members

well fuck me, i give everyone a heads up here, i warned my mate and i even checked what time the repeat was on tonight...has a lapse in concentration in work, went on twitter and saw a spoiler. Fuck sake.

• Paid Members

Managed to avoid the result all day thankfully. Cracking fight. Donaire fought really well and did way better than I imagined he would. Inoue pulled ahead at the end though and the knockdown ultimately sealed it for him. 

Just saw this as well. Is this the real poster/show name? Looks like Frank Warren found the Christmas av/sig thread on here and got @chokeout to sort the poster out. I actually quite like it. Although I’m glad they didn’t ruin Dubois’ stone cold killer aura by plonking a Santa hat on him. That might’ve been his Goldberg wearing Goldust’s wig moment. 

4795AA3A-E6C7-4C4C-B697-3871122CA55C.jpeg

• Paid Members

We have been very lucky the last few weeks. Prograis/Taylor, Cash/Cullen, and Donaire/Inouye have all been absolutely cracking. I think that today's may have been the best of the lot. What a fight, some tremendous power punches thrown by both, both in trouble at points, just a great fight. The scoring was a bit odd but I think the right result was reached. Coked Up Kalle has done well with both Super Series finals. 

Kalle may look like Chris Benoit on speed, but he's easily my favourite boxing promoter. Hearn is overexposed these days. And Warren, while an entertaining interview, is still ultimately Warren.

The Super Series has been a bit of a mess since it inception, but it's provided some of my favourite boxing moments of the past few years, such as Groves beating Eubank, Taylor vs Prograis, Inoue vs Donaire, etc. It also raised Usyk's profile and established him as a P4P contender. 

Fingers crossed the Heavyweight Super Series delivers next year. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Just saw this as well. Is this the real poster/show name? Looks like Frank Warren found the Christmas av/sig thread on here and got @chokeout to sort the poster out. I actually quite like it. Although I’m glad they didn’t ruin Dubois’ stone cold killer aura by plonking a Santa hat on him. That might’ve been his Goldberg wearing Goldust’s wig moment. 

4795AA3A-E6C7-4C4C-B697-3871122CA55C.jpeg

Warren was apparently looking for an opponent of name value to run the o2, clearly couldnt find one.

Fujimoto is another K-1 crossover though, he has kickboxing wins over Jerome Le Banner, Peter Aerts, Gokhan Saki and a bunch of others. Seems to be be happening loads recently.