Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

It the worry of seeing him getting starched again, it's scary.

I know what you mean. Despite his recent wins at domestic level, I still get an uneasy feeling watching him. Not quite as bad as the feeling I used to have watching Enzo Maccarinelli getting almost routinely ironed out  but close. I’m just hoping for a feel good ending for him but of course that’s a rare thing in Boxing. Hopefully he beats Chisora, bags a big payday and settles into being a pundit or something so he can bust out that massive suit again. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

It the worry of seeing him getting starched again, it's scary.

the Povetkin KO was the worst one because going everyone knew it was going to happen, then when it did it was worse than anyone could have imagined.

• Paid Members

If we’re playing this game someone track down David Tua and have him knock someone out. Fuck it, I’d still watch Tua vs Shannon The Cannon in 2019. And I’m not ashamed. If they’re going to do a freakshow then they might as well go for it. And obviously lose VADA’s number. 

One of the nicest fighters in the world is fighting tomorrow. Josh is an absolute gent and been a pleasure to work with - but I’d recommend to anyone to try and catch his fight tomorrow. We’ve got a treat lined up for his walkout (fingers crossed) and despite this fight being a (well deserved tbh) step back in terms of profile, it’s going to be a platform to a huge 2020.

I’ve had too many Leeds beers so apologies if this post is nonsense, but he’s a british world champ, he’s an absolute geezer and we should all get behind him.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

18 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Scott Harrison 😟

I'm going to be brave enough to admit that I thought that Scott Harrison was the bee's knees as a teenager. 

Seriously, I was that clueless about boxing in my teens (and most things tbh), I probably would have told you he was best boxer in the world in the mid-2000s. In retrospect, he was probably a step below elite level. Ring Magazine ranked him between 3-5 at Featherweight in the mid-2000s, below the likes of Marquez and Pacquiao.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

One of the nicest fighters in the world is fighting tomorrow. Josh is an absolute gent and been a pleasure to work with - but I’d recommend to anyone to try and catch his fight tomorrow. We’ve got a treat lined up for his walkout (fingers crossed) and despite this fight being a (well deserved tbh) step back in terms of profile, it’s going to be a platform to a huge 2020.

I’ve had too many Leeds beers so apologies if this post is nonsense, but he’s a british world champ, he’s an absolute geezer and we should all get behind him.

was a shame to see him so discouraged in the build up because its not the fight he wants at this stage. I'll be watching though.

A) I really hate posting on here when drunk and waking up and realising what a tit end I am. Sorry boys.

B) I don’t think he’s necessarily discouraged - he’s just candid about the fact that he had to take this fight despite wanting something bigger. He does seem motivated to not slip up, though, and that’s a powerful motivator in its own right.

I get it. But, Josh went through some absolute bangers one after the other. I don’t think it hurts to take a mandatory to close out that year, and then get back on the horse next year when it’s stadium season.