*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members

Vamp, I'm running out of 90s In Your House PPVs to watch so soon I'm going to ask you to give me a list of Mexican wrestling stuff to watch for a beginner who has only ever watched bits and pieces on Galavision back in the day. Hope you don't mind!

• Paid Members

Just found that the Snakepit Wigan site has 1960s Granada documentary The Wrestlers up to view: http://www.snakepitwigan.com/ (link on the right hand side of the page.)

It's got some carnival booth stuff, a section on Riley's Gym including Billy Robinson training (and what looks like Marty Jones as a boy), interviews with Vic Faulkner and Abe Ginsberg, footage of Les Kellett and Alan Dennison training, and match footage of Kellett vs Jim Hussey and Robinson vs Roy Davies.

Vamp, I'm running out of 90s In Your House PPVs to watch so soon I'm going to ask you to give me a list of Mexican wrestling stuff to watch for a beginner who has only ever watched bits and pieces on Galavision back in the day. Hope you don't mind!

Sure, happy to put together a small list of stuff. I can't really recommend full shows though. I dive in and out and pick the stuff that interests me, which may be a whole feud or may only be match and then I'm out. Unless I stay up on a Sunday to watch the live show, which I haven't done for a while, I rarely ever watch full shows. I'd say Negro Casas and Rush are the most consistent guys over the past couple of years. Then there's a tier who can be very good in the right circumstances. And then theres the matches that happen all the time that are good but are essentially the same thing, which is ideal for a one off view. Or if you're me and don't really remember much of what you've seen.

Also the uwfi season is tempting. I remember coming across it on eurosport and being fascinated with it ever since but I feel if I were to actually sit down and watch it I'd find it as dull as anything, especially without the endearing eurosport commentary.

Edited by Vamp

Fair to say they missed the boat there.

To be fair, would you have hired him after that match? His look is pretty meh, and the match is a bit shit. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Paid Members

Fair to say they missed the boat there.

To be fair, would you have hired him after that match? His look is pretty meh, and the match is a bit shit. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I think you're being a bit harsh there. For a five minute indie match it's watchable and he definitely had something about him..

Was this 2009?

Cool 10 minute interview with Sami Zayn that hopefully hasn't been posted before. First time i've heard him talk outside of promos. He talks about the performance center, Daniel Bryan and Seth Rogan. He just comes across unsurprisingly, as a super nice guy.