The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

bet365 appear to have started doing place bets for all races now. not sure when it started, it used to just be on big things like the national but seems to be on all races now. I much prefer place betting to each way bets that way you can have either just go to place or put your normal amount to win then higher stakes on the place portion to ensure you cover your stake (depending on odds) they also offer not to win / place markets now too. sky have been doing places forever but I prefer 365. sky do place on the dogs as well - 3 or 3 places -  the odds only go up just before the race but that's the only way I bet on dogs now.

anyone ever used the jollies & rags markets? from what I gather you can bet jollies (the two / three favourites) or rags (the field) not sure if that's worth a dabble sometime.

• Paid Members

If you're doing singles close to race off time then you're better off placing your bet on betfair exchange, better odds and they do 4 places on a lot of races. Obviously you don't get BOG or accas but you can make steady profit just by watching the markets and put place money on the horses that have a lot of late money coming in.

• Moderators

Dear Max Power,

Please do you have a formula for the Gold Cup?

Cheers, Butch.

Oh, and during Cheltenham week Wooly is banned from this thread. Anyone who once tipped 3 E/Ws in a 7 horse race is not welcome.

Edited by PowerButchi

Dear Handsome Butch,

This year's Gold Cup winner....

- Will be aged 7,8 or 9.

- Will have won over 3miles.

- Will not have been beaten in a previous gold cup.

- Will not have run more than 3 times this season.

- Will be a Grade 1 chase winner.

The qualifiers....

NATIVE RIVER 4/1

OUTLANDER 10/1

SIZING JOHN 10/1

ZABANA 50/1

Personally, I don't think Zabana is good enough - but the race isn't as good on the whole this year anyway imo. I'll be backing Sizing John or Outlander.

Regards.

• Paid Members

Wooly is doing a 50p each way double on Altior to win the Arkle and Douvan to win the Champion Chase.

My wife's Granny loves the racing, watches it every week without fail but doesn't bet as she doesn't want to develop a gambling problem (she's in her late 70's). But every year at Cheltenham she'll have a couple of bets that I'll place for her.

Last year she couldn't make her mind up who she thought would with so got me to stick £2 ew on Don Cossack and Cue Card, she couldn't be told what a daft idea that was.

• Moderators

So. Today I'm in my local independent bookmakers, man asks what can he get odds wise for 750 e/w on Nouveau Ere in the 4:40 at wolverhampton. Colin the bookie phones the tote, that drops it from 12s to 8s. The whole fucking village gets on this. Me included.

9th out of 13.

Plant.

Edited by PowerButchi