DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

I watched Elizabethtown this weekend. It was a good feel-good movie, not a romantic comedy but still one for the ladies although both sexes will enjoy it, the story was well told if completely unrealistic but ended being a likeable film which after the reviews its got was surprising.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Edit: Just forgot to mention that I was disapointed that Stiflers Mum didnt even appear. Thinking that the story is about the school forcing her son to go to band camp, you would think she would appear in at least one scene when Matt Stifler is was at home.

I didn't think it was necessary. She used to be the foxy MILF, but now she's the fat, plastic bint from Joey. best off kept away.

Watched Eternal Sunshine on DVD for the first time since I saw it at the cinema. Still very, very good but loses something after the second watching I think. Still, a great film worth watching if you haven't already.Also watched Episode III on DVD for the first time since the cinema. And I enjoyed it just as much. Probably more. It's brilliant, the last 20-30 minutes are my favourite 20-30 minutes doing anything ever. Say what you want about Episodes 1 and 2 and I'll understand why (even though I personally enjoyed them, even fi they didn't feel especially OT-ish) but Episode III is STAR WARS. Especially from the scene where Anakin pledges allegiance to Sidious and becomes 'knighted' as Vader. Watched A new Hope after it and I could just see Christensen's mangled, older body inside the Vader costume, except you feel a tragic, sad sympathy for him, unlike the first time you watched Episode 4. Also watched Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou for the first time, and it's brilliant. It's funny and sad with some absolutely beautiful scenes. Director Wes Anderson is just brilliant (he wrote it as well, so he's doubly brilliant), and this is better than Royal Tenenbaums. And Bill Murray's in the film, and, let's be honest, he's the best actor of all time not to be called the best actor of all time.

Edit:  Just forgot to mention that I was disapointed that Stiflers Mum didnt even appear.  Thinking that the story is about the school forcing her son to go to band camp, you would think she would appear in at least one scene when Matt Stifler is was at home.

I didn't think it was necessary. She used to be the foxy MILF, but now she's the fat, plastic bint from Joey. best off kept away.
Good point. Forgot how annoying she was in Joey.

I watched the gorefilled social commentary that is battle royale, classic movie.

I'm doing an essay about "The Quiet Man", so I watched that last night. Definetly one of John Ford's best. John Wayne is believable as the yank who just wants to settle down, and the gorgeous Irish landscape by Technicolor is breathtaking.

I saw Bubble Boy The other day. An excellent film I'd recommend to all who enjoy a bit of far fetched comedy.

It's bizarre and hillarious, there is a wide range of strange characters. Kind of like in "Dude, Where's my car?" but 100X better.

Watch this film!

• Paid Members

Infernal Affairs 2 - Not as good as the first for me but still damn good. I can totally see where they comparisons to the godfather come from. The Cinematography didnt seem as interesting as the 1st either. Its nice companion to the first film and I'm looking forward to seeing the 3rd intsallment. ***3/4

Ong Bak - Second viewing, still awesome. Highly recomended violence. ****

• Paid Members

Edit:  Just forgot to mention that I was disapointed that Stiflers Mum didnt even appear.  Thinking that the story is about the school forcing her son to go to band camp, you would think she would appear in at least one scene when Matt Stifler is was at home.

Even I don't think shes hot and everybody knows I love the mature ladies, and the chubbies. I must get this film.

• Paid Members

And I enjoyed it just as much. Probably more. It's brilliant, the last 20-30 minutes are my favourite 20-30 minutes doing anything ever.

Same here but I also mention "Licence to Kill". The producers through Bond was finished then and went all out. Awesome endings both of them.