DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

Just back from seeing two films at my local kino. The two films being..

The Brothers Grimm - Only film that started as soon as I went into the cinema. Wasn't very good at all. Worst film I've seen in a wee while, probably since Oceans 12. God that sucked.

Second film was a manga effort called Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence. I didn't think I would like it at all due to the subtitles at the bottom but how wrong I was. Tremendous. I could see me being right into manga now.

/me kisses his Cineworld card.

Edited by bAzTNM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Saw Cinderella Man in the cinema in the other day. Apart from Zellweger, I thought the film was excellant. It is easy to overlook actually how good Crowe's performance is. Roger Ebert said that most good films are filled with bad people, cynism and irony while most bad films have good hearted characters in them. Crowe manages to potray a completely nice character that was believable and free of irony - deserves an Oscar nom at least.

Just back from seeing two films at my local kino. The two films being..The Brothers Grimm - Only film that started as soon as I went into the cinema. Wasn't very good at all. Worst film I've seen in a wee while, probably since Oceans 12. God that sucked.Second film was a manga effort called Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence. I didn't think I would like it at all due to the subtitles at the bottom but how wrong I was. Tremendous. I could see me being right into manga now./me kisses his Cineworld card.

Baz take a picture of your DVD/Video collection!

• Paid Members

I tried watching The Howling last night, it was fucking terrible and bored me shitless, I usually watch a movie to the very end to make sure but I turned this on about 10 minutes before the end because I really didn't care and it was pissing me off. The special effects sucked and the story was shit.

• Paid Members

That whole deal kinda screamed "sequel" to me. Watched Saw last night. My mate hadn't seen it and he was peeking through his fingers. The girl. I downloaded the music that plays out over the ending afterwards, after finally locating it. And it rules too.

that aint the fear factory song is it?? if it is, its fucking awful.

The Brothers Grimm - Only film that started as soon as I went into the cinema. Wasn't very good at all. Worst film I've seen in a wee while, probably since Oceans 12. God that sucked.

I went to see it earlier today. It is somewhat fun and watachable at times, but there is not real spark to the film, the story is basic, and the CGI for the most part is poor and out-of-place...

That whole deal kinda screamed "sequel" to me. Watched Saw last night. My mate hadn't seen it and he was peeking through his fingers. The girl. I downloaded the music that plays out over the ending afterwards, after finally locating it. And it rules too.

that aint the fear factory song is it?? if it is, its fucking awful.
No no, it's the score by Charlie Clouser.

Saw The Constant Gardener the other night, quite slow to get into at the begining and the film moves too fast in some places and too slow in others and was a bit boring at the start for a while, but looking back it's quite a good emotional film.

I also watched Ella Enchanted on DVD, a fairy tale with modern social values. Not a bad film really with a few funny spots, oh and I only really watched it for Parminder Nagra's two minutes of footage.

Edited by corino zero one

Hotel Rwanda.An absolutely awesome movie about the begining of the Rwandan conflict in 1994. This is a very powerful and brutal movie withou having to rely on bloody and brutal scenes. The main moving scenes are subtley barbaric, scenes like a whole Tutsi family lying dead on their lawn, the abused Tutsi women in the cage and most of all the road strewn with the bodies of men, women and children.A harrowing and shocking movie, but has great moments of courage and selflessness too.Highly recomended.

• Paid Members

I watched American Pie 4 last night. I liked it. When I saw it was straight to DVD, I thought it'd be crap but it's not. The concept is tired, but it's better then a lot of films that have been on at the cinema.It's the usual teen gross out movie, with a love interest that builds. Like the first 2, the gross bits form the bulk of the comedy, but there is some decent humour in there and the love angle is so sweet it's sickly. A good film for the market it's aimed at, but like I say, the concept has been done to death. The lead actress is very pretty and like-able. Stiffler's brother is a good match, looks-wise, and if you take out the forced, gratuitous swearing, he does pretty well.The way they've forced in Eugene Levy is pretty naff, and he's really not as funny as before. Overall, it's a good effort and I don't think it does too much damage to the brand, but it is time to leave it be.On the straight to DVD aspect. I quite liked it. As someone who doesn't care for the cinema, it saved waiting. Decent watch if you don't take yourself too seriously and you have 90 mins to kill.

Sounds nerdy of me I know, but did any of the original characters appear for brief cameos? Like Sean William Scott for instance?

Only Jims Dad and The Sherminator. Jims Dad plays the kind of guidance teacher of band camp, which is explained as being Michelle's job, but she was pregnant so Jims dad fills in for her. Sherminator only has 2 brief appearences as the school guidance teacher at the start and end of the film.As I stated in my previous post, IMDB have Finch listed as a cameo, but doesnt appear in any scene or the credits.Edit: Just forgot to mention that I was disapointed that Stiflers Mum didnt even appear. Thinking that the story is about the school forcing her son to go to band camp, you would think she would appear in at least one scene when Matt Stifler is was at home. Edited by bwo