DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

The Cube - A few of my mates recommended this to me. I thought it was shit. It didn't make any sense, and not in a good way like Donnie Darko. What the hell was the cube made for? Why were those people in it?[

Cube is the bomb, excellent sci-fi movie...

The Cube - A few of my mates recommended this to me. I thought it was shit. It didn't make any sense, and not in a good way like Donnie Darko. What the hell was the cube made for? Why were those people in it?[

Cube is the bomb, excellent sci-fi movie...
I love The Cube. Great movie, awesome tension building script and great interplay between the characters.Plus, Nicole De Boer :love:

House of Flying Daggers - Awesome film that pisses over Crouching Tiger. Made me emotional.

Watch Hero. It's even better.
Agreed. Very much so.

• Paid Members

I hated Hero with a passion. It's like they spent all their time trying to make the film look good and forgot to make me care about what happens to the characters or give it an interesting script.It's too artsy-fartsy, without anything to give it meaning.

It's the difference between the 'character attachment' that has me going for Flying Daggers over Hero too. When the twists come in Flying Daggers I cared about them by that point whereas in Hero it was just Tarratino-style, sort of done for the sake of it.Hero did have finer acting. Artistic wise they both seemed pretty on par with each other.Also saw Kung Fu Hustle recently. That was pretty cool. Funny and OTT action!

Edited by aaron

• Paid Members

Couldn't get to sleep because of my insomnia so I watched "The Exorcist 3" on Channel 4 last night. Loved it. Its not like the first two in that in this one George C. Scott has to find the "Gemini" killer who is possessed by the devil or something. Excellent film. Very, very creepy, especially near the end where the possessed nurse tries to cut off Scott's daughters head off with a surgical saw or something.

Very creepy. I was shocked by its goodness.

• Awards Moderator

I taped Dawn of the Dead in the week and I settled down to watch it last night. It was reasonably enjoyable, no real surprises but during the credits the recording stopped :( Would anybody care to fill me in from where I left off?

SPOILER
During the credits they use the camcorder approach, they find the island, the dog runs off and then...?

TIA.

That whole deal kinda screamed "sequel" to me. Watched Saw last night. My mate hadn't seen it and he was peeking through his fingers. The girl. I downloaded the music that plays out over the ending afterwards, after finally locating it. And it rules too.