DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

I went to see Nightwatch at the cinema today. It is boring and predictable stuff, with basic acting and an under-used story. It looks quite nice at times, but ultimately by the end of the film I felt it was pointless! (*)

Watch the whole film in 4-minutes here! (Save yourself some money!)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

PsychoWatched it in Film Studies at College and then analysed it to pieces. To analyse this film was a pleasure the amount of detail and thought that went into every shot in the foreground and background stunned me. After watching it I found out that Hitchcock is a genius. What a film.

i'd love to do some kind of film course, bet it's well interesting :nerd:

• Paid Members

KidsSick film about kids doing things kids do in America, breaking virgins and smoking dope, apparently

Is Kids a good film? I have been tempted to check it out for some time now...
I'd leave it man ... Its not that good , Its one of those films thats really hyped but if anything its just shock factor eg as the guy before said smoking dope , aids , rape , But the acting is awful and the story isnt all that good , Dont buy it just try and get a hold of it
Its decent enough. Its main character, I think he was called Telly, was so much of a dick you'd legit want to beat fuck out of him.Don't watch it with mother, especially the first few minutes.

House of wax.I watched it yesterday, i thought it was a pretty good movie, it's not going to win an Oscar or anything, but it was entertaining, i thought the deaths in the film were good and quite inventive, the bit that surprised me was when the bad guy chopped off the top of Elisha Cuthberts finger off, i really wasn't expecting that to happen.Fun, no-brainer film. :) Also, last night i couldn't sleep, so i decided to watch Schlinders List, my dad's had it on dvd for a while so i thought i'd try it. A really powerful and moving film, the actions of the people involved were terrible and the scene where the littles girls body was being bulldozed into the pit was an upsetting image.A really strong and emotional movie, i can see why it's so well rated.

• Paid Members

I watched the anime Metropolis yesterday and loved it to bits. Best animation in any film ever(ever so slightly ahead Spirited Away and Akira).I paticularly loved the end scene set to an old fashioned song as a futuristic city fell to bits and the main character tried to save the girl/robot he loved from death. Probably one of the best scenes in any movie I have seen in a long time.I also watched Napolean Dynamite the other day, it was pretty funny but strange. I watched it a second time and enjoyed it alot more though. My favorite line: "Napolean, you're just jealous because I've been at home all day on the internet talking to hot chicks."

PsychoWatched it in Film Studies at College and then analysed it to pieces. To analyse this film was a pleasure the amount of detail and thought that went into every shot in the foreground and background stunned me. After watching it I found out that Hitchcock is a genius. What a film.

i'd love to do some kind of film course, bet it's well interesting :nerd:
Oh yeah, those lessons are my favourite. Will be analysing another Hitchcock film tomorrow. :D It just sucks when you have to analyse a shitty corporate video about Health and Safety and then analyse THAT. :crazy:

I recently sat down with my parents and watched One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest which my dad has spent the last god knows how long telling me I should do so...

It's not exactly new but it's definitely one of the funniest and yet moving films I've seen in a long time.

Mmmm Juicy Fruit! :D

Jack Nicholson can do no wrong... :love:

• Paid Members

I recently sat down with my parents and watched One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest which my dad has spent the last god knows how long telling me I should do so...It's not exactly new but it's definitely one of the funniest and yet moving films I've seen in a long time.Mmmm Juicy Fruit! :D Jack Nicholson can do no wrong... :love:

probably my favourite film ever (behind Big Trouble In Little China obviously)...