DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

show gets cancelled without everything getting resolved (much like those bloody kids never getting home on Dungeons and Dragons)

I'm still gutted about that.
SPOILER
Imagine if they keep pushing the mysteries for a couple more seasons on Lost only for it to get cancelled without everything getting explained. I already know a fair few people who aren't happy that everything wasn't resolved in the first season.
For fucks sake Supremo thats two days in a row you've spoiled something for me now! Although does that really count as a spoiler!? I had a feeling it was going that wasy anyway......either way...you've made yourself a very powerful enemy! Edited by purplemonkeydishwasher

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

For all the people in this topic *I think* who asked about American Pie: Band Camp. This is a dreaded straight to DVD/VHS release according to the Sun TV Guide. Out on Monday. Destined to be shite, only person I recognise on the cover is Eugene Levy.

Ginger Snaps

A very good film, which is bloody at times, and has a good and interesting story. The film also has very good special effects (especially the werewolf effects), good dark humour throughout, and good acting from the main cast (in particular Katherine Isabelle and Emily Perkins as the two main sisters Ginger and Brigitte).

The DVD has some good extras, including a couple of short but interesting featurettes, screen tests, production notes, cast notes, and a trailer.

(***1/2)

Ginger Snaps 2

A good film, which has an interesting story, and which continues pretty much where the last film left off. Like the first Ginger Snaps movie it is bloody at times, and has hints of dark humour throughout. There is a slow pace to the film for the first 45-minutes, but thereafter the action picks up. The film also has an interesting, if mildly disappointing (inconclusive) ending, which allows for a sequel to be made in the future. There are good special effects and good acting from the cast (in particular Emily Perkins as Brigitte, and Tatiana Maslany as the (at times) annoying yet interesting new character Ghost). Not as good as the original Ginger Snap film, but still a good and worthwhile sequel (even if it is still not explained where the Werewolves came from).

The DVD has some good extras, including over 10-minutes of deleted scenes, audition clips, a short

• Paid Members

For fucks sake Supremo thats two days in a row you've spoiled something for me now! Although does that really count as a spoiler!? I had a feeling it was going that wasy anyway......either way...you've made yourself a very powerful enemy!

Apologies. Although it's hardly a spoiler considering it's common knowledge there's a second series. I've tagged my posts anyway. You might want to edit yours if you think it's a major spoiler. Edited by ELsupremo

Just back from Saw 2. Brilliant horror film. I suggest you leave the swimming area and go and see this now mister!! As said before, that needle part was HARSH, very HARSH.

Watched both Saw and Saw 2 on Sunday. Both great films, with Saw one of my top 5 films of 2004, and Saw 2 one of the best films of 2005!

For all the people in this topic *I think* who asked about American Pie: Band Camp. This is a dreaded straight to DVD/VHS release according to the Sun TV Guide. Out on Monday. Destined to be shite, only person I recognise on the cover is Eugene Levy.

Just finished watching Band Camp. The Sherminator is also on the cover. Wasnt too bad. Had a couple of laughable moments, but the main character, the brother of Stifler, does try to be too much like the original Stifler character, at the start of the film anyway. Plus point was it was steered away from the American Pie series, and had me forgetting it was an American Pie film halfway through. Type of film immature teens and adults will enjoy, but seems to be more of a kids film. The only thing that annoyed me after reading IMDB was that Finch is listed to make a cameo, but wasnt seen during film of deleted scenes, as I was waiting for him to pop up. Plus Eugene Levi's character is just so out of place in this film, as amusing as he is. So if you just want a silly teen sex comedy with tits in the shower you might enjoy this. Edited by bwo

• Paid Members

Cujo - old Stephen King adaptation about a dog that gets bitten by a bat and goes apeshit...

this film is definatly a love it/hate it affair, there's not much in the way of a story and its very slow paced, but the whole scene of the mother/child trapped in the car whilst being attacked by Cujo (which last the whole last 3rd of the film) is pretty fucking scary, jammed this on loud on my surround sound and the whole dog growling, kid's crying and woman's screaming makes for fairly uncomfortable viewing. And whilst this film is over twenty years and without a sniff of cgi insight the dog attacks are very realistic looking...

i enjoyed it...not for everyone though.

So if you just want a silly teen sex comedy with tits in the shower you might enjoy this.

Nice one, I'll be watching this.I've only just got around to watching 50 First Dates. I think it is brilliant, probably in my favourite top 20 films of all time. I watched it, thought it was good, then watched it again and thought it was brilliant. Lots of laughs.The Cube - A few of my mates recommended this to me. I thought it was shit. It didn't make any sense, and not in a good way like Donnie Darko. What the hell was the cube made for? Why were those people in it?I demanded answers from my friends that told me to watch this film, only for them to tell me to go and watch the prequel, Cube Zero. Balls to that.The Perfect Score - I thought I was going to like this film, as I usually do like teen comedy films. This was a bit of a letdown though. There were no moments that made me laugh out loud, even that stoner kid.