DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dobermann

A good film, with some good action scenes, and good performances by Vincent Cassel, Monica Bellucci and Tcheky Karyo. The film is slow at times, but the pace and action really picks up in the last half hour. It has a basic plot which is essentially cops vs. criminals, but it is still very much entertaining. With more depth to the film it could have easily become a cult-classic. Explicit, violent and bloody, but good stuff! (***)

Guest Lost_Pixie

Land of The Dead - been looking forward to this, first off i was disappointed with the whole look/feel of the film, it comes off like most other modern zombie films (resident evil, dawn of the dead remake etc). i was hoping for a proper old school slow-paced chilling zombie movie, but fuck it i guess this is where Romero guessed the audience was (he's probably right too). That being said, i really enjoyed it...just a fun/action romp. Some great death scenes in this (most notable the scene with a severed arm & a grendade). I look forward to the dvd version.

I thought it was pretty good, not overly clich

Elf

A pretty good festive family movie, which is slow starting, but gets better as it goes on. It succeeds as a kids movie, but there is also enough in the film for adults to enjoy it as well (even with the usual required happy ending). Will Ferrell, James Caan, Bob Newhart, Edward Asner, and Zooey Deschanel are all great in their roles, and Zooey has a great voice which she uses to great effect a few times throughout the film. Elf doesn

Last night I watched Charlie Chaplin's 'The Great Dictator' which was as excellent as I thought it'd be. My copy of The Marx Brothers' 'Duck Soup' arrived yesterday, hopefully I'll get around to watching that over the weekend as I know it's going to be great.

KidsSick film about kids doing things kids do in America, breaking virgins and smoking dope, apparently

Is Kids a good film? I have been tempted to check it out for some time now...

Napoleon DynamiteA mildly entertaining film, which was too slow and just not as funny as it should have been. The characters were not interesting (and most were one-dimensional), and the acting was as basic as you can get. The film is very random and tries to be something different, but in the end the story seems to go nowhere and it is pretty dull for the most part. (**)

If you've only watched this film once, then watch it again.Im not sure why but i enjoy it more and more each time i watch it.I watched In America for the umptinth time the other day. Absolutely love that film.Also saw Churchill the other day, which i thought was okay. Nothing special but had me laughing in places.Oh and i actually got a copy of The Family Guy movie recently. And it is everything i wanted it to be. Very, very funny :D

Napoleon DynamiteA mildly entertaining film, which was too slow and just not as funny as it should have been. The characters were not interesting (and most were one-dimensional), and the acting was as basic as you can get. The film is very random and tries to be something different, but in the end the story seems to go nowhere and it is pretty dull for the most part. (**)

If you've only watched this film once, then watch it again.Im not sure why but i enjoy it more and more each time i watch it.
That's exactly how i was...heard loads of hype so i bought it,then once i'd seen it i was really dissapointed...then i watched it a few more times and it's amazing...one of THE most quoted films by me :)

Guest KANO_THE_MYSTIC

KidsSick film about kids doing things kids do in America, breaking virgins and smoking dope, apparently

Is Kids a good film? I have been tempted to check it out for some time now...
I'd leave it man ... Its not that good , Its one of those films thats really hyped but if anything its just shock factor eg as the guy before said smoking dope , aids , rape , But the acting is awful and the story isnt all that good , Dont buy it just try and get a hold of it

King of the Ants

King of Ants is a pretty good film, which is slow starting but gets better as the film progresses. It has a basic but engaging story, and is violent, strange, and pretty twisted at times. There is acceptable acting by the cast throughout, but then again the script doesn

PsychoWatched it in Film Studies at College and then analysed it to pieces. To analyse this film was a pleasure the amount of detail and thought that went into every shot in the foreground and background stunned me. After watching it I found out that Hitchcock is a genius. What a film.