DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Moderators

It sucks, but it's better than Underworld!

It's not. It has nothing, NOTHING. Even the hideously tacked on sex scenes reek of a pervy director giggling over the boobies and thinking it's 'erotic'. There wasn't an ounce of originality or worth in the entire movie, if you can call it a movie.
Don't get me wrong, RBS is dreadful trash. I just hold it over Underworld because Underworld ripped it off.
Hahaha. Yeah, because RBS had that much influence. Nothing was ripped off, they both just used the same boring, overused vampire cliches that have been done a billion times before by every shitty director that wanted to live out his wank fantasy of a chick with pointy teeth running around in leather. Underworld was infinately better, and is only a **1/2 star movie at best.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four Brothers

Embarrassing revenge drama featuring unlikeable, boring and often dumb characters that you simply will not give a shit about. Some good action, but that's about it. This is little more than a tough guy vehicle for Mark Wahlberg. Avoid at all costs, it's one of the worst films of the year.

Saw Nicholas Cage's new film "Lord Of War" at the cinema on Monday evening.If your looking for action, then it's not really for you and at 2 hours seemed a little too long.A good film though, and really thought provoking when you realise that it is all based on actual events. :/

• Paid Members

Seed Of Chucky:Most people think it's shite, but being a Chucky fan and liking things that few others do, I thought it was alright. Not the greatest ending though.American Gothic (known in the UK as Hide & Shriek):Low budget 80s horror about a group of people who end up on an isolated island, home to two elderly insane bible bashers and their three oddball children. Death, bizarreness and a twist of sorts. Not bad at all, and has one of my fave film deaths, with a man locked in a giant swing on the edge of a cliff, the swing being cut and the victim sent flying over the edge. Nice.The Shining:Brilliant. End of.

Land Of The Dead - Loved the original trilogy, and the Dawn remake. I liked this movie, though i think they should have left more gore in and slapped an 18 certificate on it.

I agree with the 18-cert bit, there seemed to be a fair amount of stuff cut to get a lower rating. Entertaining, but the story never seemed to go anywhere!
Its not just to try and lower the rating for cinema-goers, its also to take advantage of the DVD market. A nice little 2 DVD uncut version will be out within a few months. The film makers realise now that this is the way forward, deliberately cutting out many (often key) scenes instead of having a genuine 'directors cut'. Its getting a tad annoying now to the point I don't go the cinema half as much as before (almost as annoying as having 'outtakes' at the end of the film).

• Paid Members

Land of The Dead - been looking forward to this, first off i was disappointed with the whole look/feel of the film, it comes off like most other modern zombie films (resident evil, dawn of the dead remake etc). i was hoping for a proper old school slow-paced chilling zombie movie, but fuck it i guess this is where Romero guessed the audience was (he's probably right too). That being said, i really enjoyed it...just a fun/action romp. Some great death scenes in this (most notable the scene with a severed arm & a grendade). I look forward to the dvd version.

Sniper - 23 Days of Fear In Washington D.C. - very good made-for-tv movie, the film cause controversy in the States because it's a basic re-telling of the sniper massacre that happened a few years back (the film was made less than a year after it happened). It's was a fucked up-situation and the film does well to capture the fear of the public and the desperation of the police during the time. Although the film just uses well-known facts to map out the story, it definatly got me interested in the case, there's a few books available (most notably a book by the chief of police - the main character in the film) which im gonna check out.

Watched Uptown Girls a couple of nights ago (......) with the wifey, because it was the only film in the house i hadn't seen that she'd agree to watch. Obviously not my cup of tea, but watchable shit I suppose. Brittany Murphy looks hot for once in it aswell.

Last night I watched From Dusk Til Dawn. In case anyone hasnt seen it, I shall put my thoughts in spoilers~!

SPOILER
Wow. I know this is an oldy, but holy fuck! I had heard there were twists, but I was just expecting some double-crosses etc, but it just fucking changes genre! When it first happened I was a bit thrown and thought it had ruined the film. But then I let myself enjoy it and thought it was superb. One of those awesome moments in film where it doesn't need an explanation, or for it to make sense. Much like in Battle Royale when he stands up to answer the phone, then goes back to being dead. Supoib.

Guest Lost_Pixie

Land of The Dead - been looking forward to this, first off i was disappointed with the whole look/feel of the film, it comes off like most other modern zombie films (resident evil, dawn of the dead remake etc). i was hoping for a proper old school slow-paced chilling zombie movie, but fuck it i guess this is where Romero guessed the audience was (he's probably right too). That being said, i really enjoyed it...just a fun/action romp. Some great death scenes in this (most notable the scene with a severed arm & a grendade). I look forward to the dvd version.

I thought it was pretty good, not overly clich Edited by Lost_Pixie

• Paid Members

I thought it was pretty good, not overly clich