DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

Shocker - Wes Craven is one of the most weirdly inconsistent directors ever, the dude is responsible for horror classics like A Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream, he's also put out some of the most gritty, disturbing horror movies ever in Last House on The Left & The Hills Have Eyes...he also makes movie like Shocker, which truth be said is fucking terrible, but in a goofy entertaining way. The film is about a guy who gets killed by electric chair, who's spirit is passed into any person that it comes in contact with (something to do with the electricity apparently), and he goes after the boy who put him in the chair. It's a pretty cool idea, but the film is packed with shitty dialogue, gammy effects and some painful over-acting by Peter Berg... that said it's still kinda fun, shit but fun.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

I'm currently making my way through The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe DVD of the TV series.

After watching the new Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe yesterday I can say that although it might look nicer, the new film doesn't match up to the TV series at all. At least the TV version had kids who could actually act.

I'm currently making my way through The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe DVD of the TV series.

After watching the new Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe yesterday I can say that although it might look nicer, the new film doesn't match up to the TV series at all. At least the TV version had kids who could actually act.
Thank you. The viewer is supposed to care about the 4 children (and be behind them), yet throughout (and certainly by the end) I wanted to see them all killed; especially the youngest girl!

Wolf Creek

Good Austrailian horror film. Well it's not so much horror as it is a chiller, but either way it's pretty disturbing and quite gruelling. Not to give too much away, but the bad guy is kind of a stereotype, almost caricature, but once he starts to show his mean streak, well things get very serious. He reminds me of Jim Sidedow's character in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre , only even more brutal.

Great film, not a "jumpy" horror but a disturbing, psychological one that kinda leaves you with a bad feeling. Check it out.

• Paid Members

Great film, not a "jumpy" horror but a disturbing, psychological one that kinda leaves you with a bad feeling. Check it out.

im yet to see this but...i guess this is why everysingle person ive spoken to who has seen it has said it sucked, it's pretty shit that most people judge a horror film on how much it makes you jump... :/

im yet to see this but...i guess this is why everysingle person ive spoken to who has seen it has said it sucked, it's pretty shit that most people judge a horror film on how much it makes you jump... :/
I thought it "sucked" because outside of the last 20-minutes or so no alot happens and it is so very boring! I will probably give it another chance when it comes out on DVD in January, but I was not impressed watching it at the cinema... Edited by DJM

Guest KANO_THE_MYSTIC

Im gonna bung on a dvd later but im not sure either ... Highlander , Southpark : B , L and U , shuan of the Dead ... im bored of the others so which one any of you watch ?

Layer Cake

A great film from the producer of Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. It has a very good cast (including Daniel Craig, Colm Meaney, Sienna Miller, Michael Gambon), great acting, is funny, dark and violent, and has a good soundtrack. The story is also great (it is interesting, compelling, but could be somewhat confusing to some), and the movie has a great ending.

The 2-disc DVD has very good extras, including a director and writer commentary, over 20-minutes of deleted scenes and 2 alternative endings (the ending used in the film has the most impact, and is the best of the three available), a very interesting 20-minute Q&A with Daniel Craig and Matthew Vaughn(the director), storyboard comparisons, a music video, a photo gallery, and trailers.

(****)

(It is on Sky TV (starting) Friday 23rd December, so give it a look if you like films in the style of Lock Stock or Snatch)

Layer CakeA great film from the producer of Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. It has a very good cast (including Daniel Craig, Colm Meaney, Sienna Miller, Michael Gambon), great acting, is funny, dark and violent, and has a good soundtrack. The story is also great (it is interesting, compelling, but could be somewhat confusing to some), and the movie has a great ending.The 2-disc DVD has very good extras, including a director and writer commentary, over 20-minutes of deleted scenes and 2 alternative endings (the ending used in the film has the most impact, and is the best of the three available), a very interesting 20-minute Q&A with Daniel Craig and Matthew Vaughn(the director), storyboard comparisons, a music video, a photo gallery, and trailers.(****)(It is on Sky TV (starting) Friday 23rd December, so give it a look if you like films in the style of Lock Stock or Snatch)

I'm sorry, but Layer Cake is one of the worst films of this decade. The story is not interesting, the acting is terrible and the ending isn't great, it's a pathetic tack-on and it's obvious Matthew Vaughan just watched Carlito's Way before he filmed said scene. Difference is we give a shit about Carlito Brigante, whereas Daniel "I can't act" Craig's "xxxx" character is an undeveloped twat. Edited by Mr. Seven

• Paid Members

You've missed out the bit about it being 'in your opinion' Mr Seven.

Seeing as he posted it i'd have thought that was pretty much a given. Or would it have really made any difference to you whether he'd have posted those three pointless words? Seriously, what would be the point of him typing 'this is my opinion' rather than just posting his opinion as it's clear to everyone who isn't an utter moron he's only voicing his opinion. Debate his opinion all you want. You know, make a little discussion about it. Say why in your opinion Me Sevens opinion is bollocks. And don't type 'IMO' when you do it. Just fucking type it. Actually forget that. Just go away. I hate you.