WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Paid Members
Anyone played Final Fight: Streetwise? It's actually not bad, though not a patch on The Warriors.

The Warriors is amazing. A really fun quite varied game, in my view any way, which really captured the story. It had me hooked all the way through with the excellent blend of game play and story.

On GTA, the setting is a secondary point for me. I just really didn't get much from GTA:SA and haven't got more than about 2Hrs or so into GTA4 in the 12 months I've had it. Its just all felt like more of the same and I just couldn't have cared less. I will no doubt give it another go, but 4 just didn't draw me in or make me feel like I was having some big new experience with the series, something which I'd like to see improved from a personal perspective (as I assume its only me who sees it as I do) but it won't be done through a new city built around the model.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Episodes From Liberty City manual teaser seems to suggest to me a mountainous/alpine/beach type locations judging by the picture. That and the inscription ''Theater Seagull'. Then again it also says ''opens everywhere March'' and that's when Red Dead Redemption will be released by Rockstar.

I think a deep south GTA would work really well. I know they touched on it with the country towns in San Andreas but a full state like, say, Texas, would be fantastic IMO. Places like Venice, Amsterdam and Moscow all ring a bell too. That said, I doubt the series will leave America again.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

My flatmate just got that Megadrive Collection. There's some awesome games in there, and lots fun and playable shitty games. Also, now that save games exist, I am actually going to complete Kid Chameleon legit, for the first time.

I've had assassin's creed 2 sat about for a while now, but haven't got around to playing it. I've just been too busy with Modern Warfare 2 (though I have started playing SFIV a bit again. it's not quite as fun without the arcade stick, but I had some really good online battles the other day)

• Paid Members

That collection is pretty decent but it has some slightly annoying emulation issues and bugs. Also it has some tremendous inclusions like Dynamite Heddy, but massive omissions like Gunstar Heroes. It also has some utter wank like Decap Attack. No line up is going to please everyone I guess. Never, ever play Golden Axe 3 by the way. What a travesty.

My "what play you" news aside from the Megaman, Punchout, Maniac Mansion, SOR2 and SFIV stuff I've mentioned elsewhere, is that I'm buying a Mega Drive. I have Live Arcade, emulators, retro comps and a modded Xbox but none of them quite hit the spot. I miss my Mega Drive and I'm buying a new one. Best thing is that it's multi-region and the LED on the front (it's a Mega Drive 2) changes colour to let you know what setting it's on. :)

• Moderators

Flicky is brilliant; good call.

You realise now, that I am definitely going to have to try Golden Axe 3.

I'm upset that no one seems to want to complete Altered Beast with me 2 player. It's so short! I think someone should be willing to put themselves through that so that I can enjoy it for nostalgic reasons..

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
Flicky is brilliant; good call.

You realise now, that I am definitely going to have to try Golden Axe 3.

I'm upset that no one seems to want to complete Altered Beast with me 2 player. It's so short! I think someone should be willing to put themselves through that so that I can enjoy it for nostalgic reasons..

I love Altered Beast and so would if it was online. Sadly though I 1000 pointed it and traded it in after completing most the games (except the solid ones like Ecco and E-Swat).

• Paid Members
It also has some utter wank like Decap Attack.

:angry:

:laugh:

Come on man, it's rubbish! It has a horrible art style, bland level design, a loathesome main character, mediocre gameplay and suffers worse than most of the other games in terms of emulation. Dynamite Heddy absolutely embarrasses that game.

Decap%20Attack%20(2).gif

Look at it! It offends the eyes.

You know what else is utter dogshit? Sonic Spinball. Yeah.

Oh, and play Golden Axe 3 if you will Rockwell, just know that it makes Golden Axe: Beast Rider look like a fitting tribute to the legacy of the series.

Edited by JLM