WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Paid Members

Ha, weird, I was just on that site last night to see where they're up to. Played through SOR2 on Mania the other day with Whinehouse and it reminded me to check on Bombergames. It's going to be incredible.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Altered Beast: How could you not know that the dogs were meant to be Cerberus (or Orthrus, I cant remember how many heads they have) when there were pictures in the manual? Mind though I only played AB in my childhood on my Master System.

Decap Attack: I loved this as a kid, and graphics wise it still looks great today, and the music is still top notch old school stuff, especially the pause/item menu theme. Sure its a bit clunky and slow, but I enjoyed playing through it recently just to see the bosses I couldn't reach as a kid :thumbsup:

Kid Chameleon: Great game that seems daunting at first given its size, but once you find the shortcuts and hidden warps it becomes a joy to play. Its all about the Maniaxe...

Golden Axe 3: Clumsy, dreadful animation, crap enemy design and god awful music. It does have some saving graces though in the form of more complex movesets than the other two games, some great double team moves, and even double team magic. I gave it a few fun playthroughs in the end.

Gain Ground: Its a strategy game, and you either 'get it' or you dont. It has some nice ideas and quirks which I like, and it still makes me feel strange whenever I reach the 'present day' timezone, and realise that 'present' was actually 20 years ago...

• Paid Members

I completed Assassins Creed 2, and I don't know if it's because I never played the first one but it has the most insane, nonsensical and impossible to understand storyline ever. At no point did I understand why I was doing anything and the ending randomly threw in magical powers and aliens out of fucking nowhere. Good game though.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my beloved Dreamcast out of storage earlier and had a quick whirl on Street Fighter 3- 3rd Strike after purchasing it again last week, for the exact same price I paid for it on release. Worth every penny though, was on it for a couple of hours and its Street Fighter innit?

Sega Bass Fishing with the rod doesnt quite have the same appeal now the Wii is around but its still not too bad for a quick half hour blitz, same for House of The Dead 2. I need to get a DC X region free disc to get Giant Gram 2000 on it, never had the chance to play it, or if I have enough spare cash at the end of the month, I'm considering just getting a Japanese DC instead. Hopefully get round to buying some more games for it too, apart from those mentioned, I only have RE: Code Veronica, Aerowings and Sonic Adventure, a Fighting Stick is gonna be essential because those pads are just too harsh on the hands!

• Paid Members
Gain Ground: Its a strategy game, and you either 'get it' or you dont. It has some nice ideas and quirks which I like, and it still makes me feel strange whenever I reach the 'present day' timezone, and realise that 'present' was actually 20 years ago...

Yes! I was playing this the other day too, and it's very, very odd. A nostalgic feeling is what I get.

Altered Beast: How could you not know that the dogs were meant to be Cerberus (or Orthrus, I cant remember how many heads they have) when there were pictures in the manual? Mind though I only played AB in my childhood on my Master System.

I hate this game with a passion. It's not aged well at all. Even when I was younger I thought it was shit.

I've been playing Bioshock 2 kind of half-heartedly. I've maybe been playing it for 45 mins at a time to progress the story, but at the same time I'm getting very bored of the gameplay. It seems a lot more repetetive than the original, and it seems to be lacking a certain something. As creepy as the character of Sophia Lang is, the whole story is lacking overall, and doesn't hold a torch to that of the original. I've yet to play the multiplayer game, and while I've heard it's good I'll reserve judgement until I play it myself.

Just download a boot disk, they're barely over 50mb, piss easy to burn, and remove region coding.

Got any linkage on one of those Midas? Is it just a case of ISOs being chucked on a disc?

DC Utopia Boot Loader V1.2

Try that. Haven't used the stuff in years but I'm sure that was it. Just burn it to a blank CD at the slowest speed possible and you're done!

Also, depending on where your moral compass lies - once you've got that, you can burn all other copied games to a cd and just boot them - no chip required. Some copies were even patched to boot without the loader cd. Such a shame that the system was so easy to pirate as it can't have helped software sales