WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

I've been playing, nay LIVING, Golden Sun on the GBA. Amazingly this is my first real taste of turn-based strategy RPG's and I've really been sucked into it. At first I was all attack attack attack with the big guns, but now I'm all about the tactics. I really want to go out and discover the turn based strategy games I feel I've missed out on...

:yinyang: Well if you're looking for some recommendations i can suggest a few for the GBA. Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon.

Edited by insert_name_here

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Parents don't give a shit - any sales decrease due to parental concern will be easily outweighed by the increase from extra publicity and curious novelty.

One of those "bleakest moment you've ever witnessed" was some harried mother buying a couple of 18-rated games for her kid, who was maybe 9 or 10, and answering the guy who worked in Gamestation with an angry "no" when he asked if the games were for her kid or not (I had just seem him demand those games from her while they were looking round).

• Paid Members

Saga bass fishing with little plastic rod.

Its amazing, god I love it. Its so simple but I just really enjoy it, and its good for the odd bite sized bit of gaming when I don't have time for a good go on Smackdown, Tiger woods or Killzone 2

• Paid Members
What was better, Contra, Metal Slug or Gunstar Heroes.

Also, who here would fancy a Streets Of Rage vs. Final Fight crossover

Metal Slug > Gunstar Heroes > Contra.

That's highly debatable though. Metal Slug is the clear winner for me, but the other two are only separated by the fact that I love Treasure's art/characters/sense of humour and Gunstar Heroes just has so much character about it. It's short and it's actually quite easy by the standards of the genre, but it's a fantastic game and one I've completed many times over.

Final Fight/SOR cross-over? Meh. Final Fight is massively overrated.

I love scrolling fighters almost as much as VS. fighters, but FF suffers from being an arcade game built for short bursts and designed to take as many credits from you as possible. SOR was built for the Mega Drive, and number 2 in particular is one of the best and most playable games of the 16 bit era. Satisfying gameplay, great music, excellent character design and memorable boss battles that (on Very hard/Mania) were challenging but not completely unfair. I enjoy Final Fight, but SOR does everything better. I'd say that the best things FF did were a) Give SOR a decent game to rip off and b) contribute Guy and Hugo to the Streetfighter series. The world could have done without Cody in Alpha 3 and Maki in Capcom vs SNK 2. Oh, and Poison is pretty awesome. All gender-ambiguous and trampy. Cool character and quite an edgy one for the time. Haggar is a bad ass too. SOR is still miles better though. You know this.

• Paid Members

So the rumblings caused by that little teaser in the Stories from Liberty City manual is that the next GTA will be set in France. Paris would be a stupendous location, but it is the most speculative of speculation so far.

Thoughts?

• Paid Members

What American setting would you go with next if they decided to stick with it? They've done Scarface Miami, Boyz N The Hood California and they've done more than enough with New York. The only thing they do confirm in that teaser is that the latter (well "Liberty City") is over.

Or if not America, where?

London would still be nice like.

Somewhere like Rio would be interesting. A colourful city with a dark underbelly, it would take the francise out of the States but you could also do it with english speaking characters without overly daft languages and still give the illusion that it's a departure from the North American GTA's we've seen so far.