WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

Although, Angel Of Darkness doesn't have the option to restart a level so I've had to start from the beginning again after stupidly saving when I meant to load while Lara was falling to her death.

000021_sm.jpg

... and that's why you ALWAYS use multiple save slots!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my first go on Super Mario Sunshine today, for the Gamecube. I knew it hadn't been well received compared to other Mario games, but I'm still disappointed by it. The water gimmick is tedious and fiddly, and I can't find an option for reversing the camera controls. Mario's also too eager on his feet, making it difficult to even jump on a box.

I'll persevere a while longer, because I'd been really looking forward to this since getting my Wii, especially after playing Galaxy. But it's a real letdown next to that and Mario 64.

still even to this day i can sit and play through 'star wars - knights of the old republic' 1 and 2 quite happily enjoying how awesome they both were. i know a lot of people probably appreciate the first game more for the obviously better storyline, but playing through second game is really making me appreciate the effort gone into improving the game play aspects even if the end was crap compared to the plot twist in the first.

• Paid Members

Recently whacked out the PS2 and played Metal Gear Solid. I hadnt completed it since 99/2000ish. Even with the blocky graphics, I absolutely loved it. I'd forgotten about all the nice touches, quirky parts and awesome characters. It may be my favourite game ever.

I havnt played Guns of the Patriots and checked out a few clips on youtube.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Theres some parts where you go back to Shadow moses and its all an aged rust bucket. Theres cameras and guns that I was dodging in the first game, rusted to shit in forth game. And he gets flash backs about it too. Theres even Liquids smashed up plane after your battle on the roof shooting at him with the stinger!

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I dont want to buy a PS3 just to play it though, I looked for a place to rent ne and was met with blank expressions, people seem to still nick dvds so a

I dont want to buy a PS3 just to play it though, I looked for a place to rent ne and was met with blank expressions, people seem to still nick dvds so a

Max Injury - Fun little 59p iPhone time waster. Throw the crash test dummy off his ledge and see how much stuff you can bosh him into on the way to the floor. Bonus points for head wounds and crashing through obstacles. Surprisingly addictive.

Wow, that must be the nearest thing to a sequel this game's ever had!

of3aix.jpg2r53msl.jpg

The first level was just like you've described.

Myself and a mate have been playing Virtua Striker ver 2002 on the Gamecube after getting bored waiting for Fifa 10 next fri. Its been a laugh, its so arcadey its untrue, but the points ranking system for goal replays makes us both play again and again. Apart from that feature, Virtua Striker should have been left in the arcade.

• Paid Members
I havnt played Guns of the Patriots and checked out a few clips on youtube.
It's not even remotely comparable to the first, other than the nostalgia pops it creates. I rented it on a mates ps3, and while there was the occasional cool boss fight, it's really a fairly average game, nowhere near the quality of the first one

still even to this day i can sit and play through 'star wars - knights of the old republic' 1 and 2 quite happily enjoying how awesome they both were. i know a lot of people probably appreciate the first game more for the obviously better storyline, but playing through second game is really making me appreciate the effort gone into improving the game play aspects even if the end was crap compared to the plot twist in the first.
my favourite thing about the second one is the more subtle evil you're allowed to do. The first one is typical bioware evil, very thuggy and blatant. That said, the characters are better, because, well, it's Bioware, and they are KINGS of that. I look forward to the Old Republic eagerly

• Paid Members

I bought Scribblenauts on import, and while it's a very fun game that I would highly recommend to people there are a few issues I have with it. Firstly certain items don't react well with the puzzles. That'd be fine if they were obscure, but when they are obvious choices it's different. There's a puzzle where you must deal with a bee. I spawned a beekeeper, but the bee killed him. I then spawned a hive, but a nest appeared instead. There's then a fish after the bee. I spawned a fishing rod and bait, but this could not be used to catch the fish. I tried a net, but this didn't work. Instead I had to spawn a lion to kill the bee and fish, which is a tad OTT.

Another puzzle calls for you to keep a cat away from ducks, but if you spawn a cage or a box you can't put the cat inside it. It's all a little bit silly and I'd suggest the game still needed a little fine tuning. That said, hopefully there will be a sequel where these problems can be addressed.

• Paid Members
I had my first go on Super Mario Sunshine today, for the Gamecube. I knew it hadn't been well received compared to other Mario games, but I'm still disappointed by it. The water gimmick is tedious and fiddly, and I can't find an option for reversing the camera controls. Mario's also too eager on his feet, making it difficult to even jump on a box.

I'll persevere a while longer, because I'd been really looking forward to this since getting my Wii, especially after playing Galaxy. But it's a real letdown next to that and Mario 64.

Yeah, if you don't compare it directly to Galaxy and 64 you'll get more fun out of it. It's quite a frustrating game but I found it alot of fun and it has a fair bit of charm. I got about 2/3rds of the way through and eventually gave up though, it's hard as a motherfucker.

Edited by LaGoosh

I bought Scribblenauts on import, and while it's a very fun game that I would highly recommend to people there are a few issues I have with it. Firstly certain items don't react well with the puzzles. That'd be fine if they were obscure, but when they are obvious choices it's different. There's a puzzle where you must deal with a bee. I spawned a beekeeper, but the bee killed him. I then spawned a hive, but a nest appeared instead. There's then a fish after the bee. I spawned a fishing rod and bait, but this could not be used to catch the fish. I tried a net, but this didn't work. Instead I had to spawn a lion to kill the bee and fish, which is a tad OTT.

Bug spray. Job's a good 'un.

• Paid Members

Bug spray. Job's a good 'un.

I used that one of the four times. I just think that some obvious items don't do what they should. Hopefully they'll fix this for the British release. If they do I'll buy it again.