WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

Street Fighter is the ultimate sprite-based fighter (i.e 2-D side scrolling pixel perfect type of old school game) but Tekken feels like a proper fighting game, with counters and realistic throws, and sideways movement and shit. Obviously none of these games is really realistic, but Tekken feels more like actual martial arts sparring than SF. So I prefer it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sega are absolute bastards to include him while denying any future for the series. If they can acknowledge that he's a popular character from a worthy franchise, why not complete the Shenmue saga instead of mocking its fans this way? Either sweep him under the rug or don't. This is just cruel.

Yeah, and Alex Kidd was in Sega Superstars Tennis, thus keeping my slim hopes alive for a new adventure featuring the blandest hero that ever lived.

Ryo's clearly too busy looking for some sailors.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Saturn out for a bit of a whirl recently, been playing Fighters Megamix ( Inspired by the sponsorship ads on the slam of the week feature on Summer 97 Raws, Todd Pettengill really sold the shit out of it!) and its really not a bad fighter and some decent unlockable characters too ( exception being Rent-A-Hero, what a bastard!).

Aside from that, Daytona USA has aged badly to be honest, although I'm sure the Japanese version is a more accurate arcade conversion anyway but the sound is just brilliantly Sega. Sega Rally pretty much same result as Daytona.

Hoping to get some bundles of Saturn goodness on Ebay now, need Virtua Cop with the Lightgun, bit of Panzer Dragoon and other forgotten gems!

• Paid Members
Aside from that, Daytona USA has aged badly to be honest, although I'm sure the Japanese version is a more accurate arcade conversion anyway but the sound is just brilliantly Sega. Sega Rally pretty much same result as Daytona.

You couldn't be more wrong with that, Sega Rally is one of the greatest games ever and still stands up well today.

I've been playing, nay LIVING, Golden Sun on the GBA. Amazingly this is my first real taste of turn-based strategy RPG's and I've really been sucked into it. At first I was all attack attack attack with the big guns, but now I'm all about the tactics. I really want to go out and discover the turn based strategy games I feel I've missed out on...

• Paid Members

Trials HD on the 360. It's destroying my life as I'm utterly addicted to it. Unfortunately I think I've reached the end of this game now as the skill level required to get the final few silvers, golds and (majority of) platinum's is a little beyond me. Still, I'll persevere for another month or so just to make sure.

Also been playing a lot of Nazi Zombies on COD. The most recent downloadable level is great and many an hour has been spent busting undead ass with my juiced up wunderwaffe. I've also played this solo a bit recently - always after midnight while massively high and alone in my flat. Incredible fun and absolutely terrifying. There better be some undead terrorists waiting for me in MW2.

Currently playing Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines which thanks to some patching is now as close to bug/glitch free as the game can probably get.

It's a fucking cracker of an RPG and with the current Vampire craze I'm amazed that no one has had a go at making another Vampire based RPG yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Have we all seen the "controversial" leaked footage from Modern Warfare 2?

If not: http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/mod...-footage/333509

For those who can't/won't click, you play a terrorist gunning down innocent civilians in an airport. It's apparently a skippable level but PC types are already complaining. So what's the verdict? Something controversial to drum up publicity or harmless FPS action?

• Paid Members
Have we all seen the "controversial" leaked footage from Modern Warfare 2?

If not: http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/mod...-footage/333509

For those who can't/won't click, you play a terrorist gunning down innocent civilians in an airport. It's apparently a skippable level but PC types are already complaining. So what's the verdict? Something controversial to drum up publicity or harmless FPS action?

Given some of the similar real life massacres recently I'm surprised this has made the final game. I'd also be surprised if it were an attempt to drum up publicity. It undoubtedly will, but in this case would it actually add to the sales? There'll be a shit load of underage gamers looking to get this for Xmas, but if their parents hear about this through the media this could harm sales a little bit.

On the other hand, I heard a woman (while picking up a copy of GTA IV to buy for her 7/8 year old son) that she didn't mind him playing 18 rated video games because they "weren't real" but would NEVER buy him an 18 rated film....

Sigh...