WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

I've played the demo of Batman: Arkham Asylum and I'm really impressed. I think I'll be picking it up for sure.

Also Murtz, Nev is Irish, so I assume he's talking about 60 notes in Euros.

The fact that the game is for a more mature audience is brilliant. They have really nailed the ambience of Gotham and the Detective Mode is superb. It's the first time I've actually felt like I'm playing as Batman as you have the tactical advantage to take enemies by surprise/outwit/scare them. Plus, the voice cast is from the animated series which means Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammill are on board and, let's face it, Kevin Conroy has the best Batman voice ever.

Edited by The Dude

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
The thing that annoys me is the over the shoulder camera angle that doesn't seem to be able to be changed.

THIS! I spent ages trying to mess with it. From what i have read it only does that when there is nothing going on. From the demo it seems to be Metal Gear Batman, with a grapple gun.

Wanted weapons of fate - cant get past this turret level early on in the game on the easiest difficulty - i cant do games anymore :( they make them too hard thesedays :(

anyone wanna buy an xbox?

i give up playing

Look up. Then the bullets hit the shield thing mounted on the gun. It does break though but you should be able to do it.

• Paid Members
Thanks for the advice but i still kept dying all the time, have put it into an envelope and its going back to lovefilm tomorrow - only 1 rental left dammit :(

Could you use it for a film instead?

This week, I have been mostly playing...

- Halo 3 online multiplayer, mostly with/against utter douchebags. Team-killers and cock-munchers abound. Henge

- Spinal Tap songs on Rock Band. Everyone needs to try Stone Henge.

• Admin

I've been playing Trials HD this weekend pretty much until my eyes bled. Honestly that game is like a shot of liquid crack straight into the eyeballs.

Its an Xbox Live Arcade title that I'm sure I played a flash version of many years ago. You basically take a motocross bike along a straight line track with lots of obstacles, ramps, jumps etc. All you control is the throttle/brake and the position of your rider on the bike (he can lean forwards/back).

Its that kind of game that takes hold of you so overwhelmingly that you lose 2 hours without noticing and you've literally been playing the same level over and over all that time.

A lot of people dislike games like this that have a steep unforgiving learning curve but they are all pansies weened on in-game walk throughs. This feels like punishing old school gaming at its finest. It is stupidly hard and a serious challenge. You find yourself playing over and over trying to develop that perfect run. The leaderboards are soul destroying, there are people who have done some of the easier tracks pretty much flawlessly (you can watch their replays which is very helpful) and I'm several seconds away from their time. On one track I managed to get in the world top 50 which I considered a triumph, but I likely won't achieve that on any other tracks, and I haven't even got to the extreme difficulty ones yet.

It's 1200 MS points and already I feel I've got my money's worth.

I love to play SD vs Raw 2009 I really enjoy creating up my wrestlers from the past and waging war against the current players. I think of it as a WWF vs WWE feud. At the moment my champions are

WWE Champion Hulk Hogan

WWE United States Champion Mr Perfect

ECW Champion Rob Van Dam

World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair

WWE Intercontinental Champion Rick Rude

WWE Women's Champion Chyna

WWE Tag Team Champion Demolition

World Tag Team Champion Hart Foundation

I love how you can have your own music to add which makes the feel of it good . The only thing I dont like is how in CAW mode when you drag a part on you have to stop moving the pad for it to register.

Edited by steven1977uk2002

• Paid Members

Curse you Moo. I've spent so many MS points recently and was kind of tempted by Trials HD (I also remember playing an extremely similar flash game), and your gushing praise might have tipped me over the edge.

I went back on the Halo 3 for a little bit last night. gwailo, if possible you need to play with a party of friends because I've totally lost patience with the random douchebags too. Personally I play with people I actually know and it's tremendous fun (particularly for objective based games), but an alternative would be to party up/friend request if you stumble accross some decent/friendly folks on your travels. I've built up a massive friends list of SFIV sparring partners by doing that and it's worked for Halo in the past.

Fat Princess is another on the slowly growing list of titles that makes me want a PS3. I'm not there yet but I reckon in another six months there might be enough to win me over. Hopefully there will be some snazzy bundles come Christmas time.

I'm told BlazBlue is getting a European release on 360, which pleases me. Unfortunately it's not coming out til next year though, which is pretty gutting. Still, KOFXII is out later this month and, despite the bugs, that should tide me over for a bit.

As for what I bin playin'. Well, since moving to Leeds I have played the following games. Some for five minutes, some for hours:

Halo 3, Football Manager 09, Firepro Returns, The Rumble Fish, Guardian Heroes, Graffiti Kingdom, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Golden Axe, Golden Axe 2, Streets of Rage 2, Aladdin, Pac Man, Frogger, Streetfighter IV, Guilty Gear XX, 'Splosion Man, Marvel vs Capcom 2, 1 vs 100 and copious amounts of Rock Band 2. Gaming is pretty sweet at the minute.

I went back on the Halo 3 for a little bit last night. gwailo, if possible you need to play with a party of friends because I've totally lost patience with the random douchebags too. Personally I play with people I actually know and it's tremendous fun (particularly for objective based games), but an alternative would be to party up/friend request if you stumble accross some decent/friendly folks on your travels. I've built up a massive friends list of SFIV sparring partners by doing that and it's worked for Halo in the past.

Trouble is, I'm rubbish. I have an innate feeling that these players aren't going to want to play again with me due to my crapness. My Halo philosophy is "stick to the rules, try your best, have fun". That and my Live friends list is run on the same edict as my Facebook one: "Do I know you? No? Then we're not friends". Meh, I might try it next I come across someone who's not a complete dickwad.

Well, since moving to Leeds

Traitor! Abandoning this two-bit, scumhole crazy roundabout town... oh wait... No, good on you, actually.

Halo 3, Football Manager 09, Firepro Returns, The Rumble Fish, Guardian Heroes, Graffiti Kingdom, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Golden Axe, Golden Axe 2, Streets of Rage 2, Aladdin, Pac Man, Frogger, Streetfighter IV, Guilty Gear XX, 'Splosion Man, Marvel vs Capcom 2, 1 vs 100 and copious amounts of Rock Band 2. Gaming is pretty sweet at the minute.

Never managed to play RB2 online. We should hook up. I'm a solid Medium on guitar/bass, no drums and it would take a large cheque to get me to sing. Even larger if you want it in tune.