WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

Also nearing the end of Bioshock, which I'm enjoying a lot. Just passed the "would you kindly" twist.

That's the games biggest flaw. After that awesome twist you aren't near the end, it starts to drag for a little while after this.

Nah, It's biggest flaw is that the 'moral dilemma' surrounding the Little Sisters is about as sophisticated and interesting a block of wood. Be good, game harder. Be Bad, game easier.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also nearing the end of Bioshock, which I'm enjoying a lot. Just passed the "would you kindly" twist.

That's the games biggest flaw. After that awesome twist you aren't near the end, it starts to drag for a little while after this.

Nah, It's biggest flaw is that the 'moral dilemma' surrounding the Little Sisters is about as sophisticated and interesting a block of wood. Be good, game harder. Be Bad, game easier.

I don't see the game as really being about the moral dilemma though. It's more about the power of suggestion and how it "makes" you do bad things by pretending they're for good reasons.

I don't see the game as really being about the moral dilemma though. It's more about the power of suggestion and how it "makes" you do bad things by pretending they're for good reasons.

That all passed me by to be honest. I liked the twist and all but it certainly didn't blow me away in the way that the twist in KOTOR did.

Bioshock is ok but nothing more, I find myself being unfairly harsh on it at times because the Games TM's campaign to have it installed as the greatest game ever in which everything is perfect is one of the most annoying things ever. It's a good game but it doesn't break down any barriers and in many respects is incredibly generic.

Edited by Joe_the_Lion

• Paid Members
iPhone/iPod Touch owners need to download "Shift". It's a really clever little platformer and only costs 59p. I'm hooked.

You mean this game? - http://www.funny-games.biz/shift.html

If so, why pay to get it on the iPhone? Much less when they're up to the forth version of the game online:

http://www.funny-games.biz/search_res.html...ch_string=shift (All 4 are in that search)

Got 5 on the go at the Minute!

Moonwalker on the Mega Drive: Didn't do it the first time and started it a few months ago so decided to have a crack at finishing it off!

Professor Layton on the DS: I have the last two extra puzzles to finish and then I'm done! Have spent the best part of 90 minutes on the very last puzzle and havent got the foggiest about the previous one!

Prototype (360): Loving this game, gonna have a few hours on it this afternoon, the atmosphere that develops the more you play the game is great and I love the upgrades!

Tiger Woods 10 (Wii): Haven't played this that much due mainly to time but Wii Motion Plus definitely adds to the game! Will hopefully get more acquainted with this over the weekend.

Grand Slam Tennis (Wii): Again, Wii motion plus has made this avergae tennis game awesome, havent had a good blast at it but may have another go this PM now I can stat the Aussie open!

Anyone else have Tiger or GST? If you want a game let me know!

Spoilered for anyone who hasn't played the game

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The thing is, the game is actually easier if you save all the little sisters as you get rewarded with extra tonics and adam anyway, which actually works out better then if you just harvest the little sisters

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Bioshock was a great game, well at least 70% of it was, then after you gain all the powers and you get past the twist, it suddenly feels like a chore due to the fetch quests you have to do, and the fact that you can't power yourself up anymore just made the game drag for me, especially since this lasted for over an hour where you can just whack anything in the face and kill it in a couple of seconds

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that the game didn't ramp up the difficulty of the enemies, and you actually felt powerful near the end, but it just dragged and dragged and I was actually pleased when the game ended

The setting was simply fantastic though, the game was beautiful and the fact you was in a big, beautiful city filled with freaks just gave the game a wonderful sort of charm for me :) I do hope number 2 doesn't feel empty now that we have seen what Rapture is all about though, if it simply recycles the setting I'll be disappointed :/

Edited by pain-giver

• Paid Members

Glad i'm not the only one who thought Bioshock was mediocre. Played through once with a friend doing parts each, was mildly impressed but a year or so later I didn't even make it halfway when going through on my own. It has no replay value at all.

• Paid Members

That all passed me by to be honest. I liked the twist and all but it certainly didn't blow me away in the way that the twist in KOTOR did.

Bioshock is ok but nothing more, I find myself being unfairly harsh on it at times because the Games TM's campaign to have it installed as the greatest game ever in which everything is perfect is one of the most annoying things ever. It's a good game but it doesn't break down any barriers and in many respects is incredibly generic.

To be fair, thetwist in Kotor is completely arse-mental. In a very good way.

bioshock is an exceptional game, but moral choice systems are almost universally (with the possible exception of Mass Effect) far too simple to actually work properly.

Just finished Star Ocean: The Last Hope (on easy) and it's a fun game overall though the plot is quite lacking at times and I actually found myself wondering if it's actually a parody of JRPG's now and again.

Good game though and a solid 8/10 from me.

I bought the Mega Drive Collection yesterday for my Xbox. Streets Of Rage 2 is the fucking king!!! Damn I'd forgotten how awesome it was! Can't get past Stage 6 though :(

Word. It is an incredible collection. All four original Phantasy Stars and even Streets Of Rage 3 are on it. Streets Of Rage 3! Sure the soundtrack is abbrasive and theirs nothing new in it, but it is Streets 2 on speed.