Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Political - sure - and that would matter far more, but I genuinely don't know if a bigger cultural schadenfreude is possible in my lifetime. 

It's just so good. Like get fucked. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

The Premier League murders them in that statement. Like, fucking hell. There really is a good chance they could be fucked. I love they timed this for the international break, too, so we actually have something to keep us entertained.

This is great, this is all great.

Posted

Given the statement and the fact City decided to just ride it out and fight it for as long as they could there’s no way the Premier League fanny out of this. Financial doping is one thing, even at this massive scale but just flat out denying it and then not cooperating and insisting you’ve done nothing wrong at all is really fucking stupid. Surely the plan was to do all this cheating and when they get caught just take the punishment knowing that you’re set up for years to come. They might have gotten away with a massive fine and points deduction if they had copped to it and cooperated but the EPL is left with no choice now.  It’s glorious. Bring on the asterisks.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Makes you hate football. How they have been allowed to get away with it, despite doing it in plain sight is fucked.  This mob need to be ran out of town by every other club.

Poch has gone in on them and the PL for this today, saying "Where were the controls?"

I love "no fucks given" Poch. He went for Chelsea recently too. And was right to.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

That Premier League statement is so strong and yet I'm still not at all convinced that they will end up with a punishment. I will believe it when I see it, but I can totally see an outcome whereby underhanded political pressures influence an appeal process. Abu Dhabi have used their power and influence in this way in the past.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...