Paid Members Kamran Posted Saturday at 04:31 PM Paid Members Posted Saturday at 04:31 PM On 10/1/2026 at 5:29 PM, Supremo said: Sometimes, I think kayfabe is the silliest thing in the world, and wrestlers should just act like actors who play characters on TV and in films. But then something like this reminds me how special and magical it can still be to have someone completely work you. Started backyarding, ended up being one of the last true bastions of kayfabe character work. Purely belter. That's something I was thinking about while watching the show. Hearing so many stories about what a genuinely nice guy he was made me realise that I never really knew much about the man behind the character. What little I thought I knew was based on what we'd seen on TV, which I suppose shows just how well he protected that side of himself. Also, hearing about how much of a perfectionist he was so that he could give the fans the best experience was a really touching moment too. As others have mentioned, Tony Schiavone and Jon Moxley really stepped up here. Both did a fantastic job under what must have been incredibly difficult circumstances. Kudos to PAC's wife and parents as well for taking the time to put together that statement too. It must have been incredibly tough for them. It feels like it'll be a difficult show to follow, but AEW have announced a few matches for Collision tonight: Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted Saturday at 05:20 PM Posted Saturday at 05:20 PM Kofi v Moriarty could be a surprise and a cracking match...or itll be a silly pointless match Quote
The King Of Swing Posted Saturday at 05:32 PM Posted Saturday at 05:32 PM 12 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: Kofi v Moriarty could be a surprise and a cracking match...or itll be a silly pointless match Definitive banger match potential. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted Sunday at 06:00 AM Paid Members Posted Sunday at 06:00 AM Clockwork Carnage is the most delightfully ridiculous 13 year old e-fed booking I've seen from AEW in ages. Dumb as hell but very funny. Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted Sunday at 06:10 AM Posted Sunday at 06:10 AM It’s an Ospreay idea which isn’t surprising, the same match also got announced for EVE recently which he’s involved in. Quote
The King of Old School Posted Sunday at 06:43 AM Posted Sunday at 06:43 AM Clockwork Carnage definitely reminds me of 2006-07 TNA. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted Sunday at 07:19 AM Posted Sunday at 07:19 AM So it’s a Chamber Match that becomes a short Iron Man Match. How well it works will depend on who they have in it on the night, but credit to them for trying something different Quote
Chili Posted Sunday at 09:00 AM Posted Sunday at 09:00 AM So it's like a Sudden Death Casino Elimination Gauntlet Scramble Match eh Will? Ok mate. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted Sunday at 09:07 AM Paid Members Posted Sunday at 09:07 AM Yeah, EVE just did Clockwork Carnage on Friday, and made it clear it was Will's idea. I thought it sounded unnecessarily convoluted, and I hate a match where the rules take a page of text to explain, but it actually worked really well in practice. It's single elimination during the Gauntlet phase, and then points (with on-screen graphics keeping score) in the second phase - that's all you really need to know. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted Sunday at 09:13 AM Paid Members Posted Sunday at 09:13 AM They should’ve brought Mike Tenay in for a cameo. “It really is quite simple.” Followed by a massive wall of text explaining the insanely convoluted rules. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted Sunday at 11:53 AM Paid Members Posted Sunday at 11:53 AM My thoughts exactly. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted Sunday at 01:43 PM Author Paid Members Posted Sunday at 01:43 PM Firstly, Collision was fun, and the card for Grand Slam France is ridiculous - Ospreay vs Okada on free TV? Darby vs Kyle Fletcher? Bandido vs Kofi? Mercedes vs Aminata? Joe vs Jack Perry? It’s making me wish I was French! Kofi has been brilliant since jumping ship, but I do find it funny how difficult he’s finding it to drop the WWE-speak with the word ‘superstar’. I get it completely given how long he was there, and how hard he must have had it drummed into his head saying ‘wrestler’ was about as bad a thing a person can do. I kind of love the Clockwork Carnage match. AEW has - as far as I can recall- never run an absolutely mental multi-person gimmick World Title match at a PPV and this one sounds fun. It doesn’t sound any more complicated than a war games match, except there are actual consequences during the first portion in that people can be eliminated. Logically, it would make sense for everyone to team up to eliminate the champion, although I don’t think they’ll be switching things up in this match. I could see this be the match in which Sheamus or Dragunov debuts (with the other perhaps debuting next week). It’s also a good chance to try one or two newer faces in a World title match to see how they fare - I’d love to see Daniel Garcia get that opportunity given the tough month he’s had. I’m looking forward to Wrestledream far more than I was, good for them for trying something so unusual. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted Sunday at 02:15 PM Paid Members Posted Sunday at 02:15 PM Start the campaign early. #DoubleJforClockworkCarnage Quote
Cannibal Man Posted Sunday at 03:33 PM Posted Sunday at 03:33 PM you need to see the Clockwork Carnage graphic with the rules on it if you haven't, I saw it last night and was giggling like it was series 2 of Blackadder Quote
The King Of Swing Posted Sunday at 05:29 PM Posted Sunday at 05:29 PM Booking a convuluted multi match for the World title at the PPV, has me thinking they might actually go with Mercedes Vs. Thekla as the main event. Or not. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.