The King Of Swing Posted Tuesday at 09:42 AM Posted Tuesday at 09:42 AM I could see the DCF winning, if they wanted to go with Osprey Vs. Fletcher. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted Tuesday at 02:32 PM Author Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 02:32 PM 4 hours ago, The King Of Swing said: I could see the DCF winning, if they wanted to go with Osprey Vs. Fletcher. It's probably something they'd do, unless Fletcher is actually turning babyface (perhaps less likely, given that the Death Riders are extremely unlikely to turn any time soon) but I'd really like to see them run Ospreay vs. Kevin Knight at some point. Knight has really come into his own as of late. I'd wrongly thought they were overrating him for the longest time, but now he's really nailing it on the mic as well as in ring. He did well against Omega, but he was never going to win the title at that point - run that match in early 2027, and it'll seem much more plausible that he might and it'll elevate Knight even further. I'd like to see them give Daniel Garcia a main event push next year too. It feels like the right time to give him the chance to sink or swim; much as they did Kevin Knight earlier this year. I don't think he should turn heel - but I think they could tell a brilliant story by having him win the Continental Classic this year, finally hitting that next level. Maybe Moxley loses early then supports his team mate in going all the way, maybe the final is Moxley vs. Garcia (with neither turning, obviously). The time is right to finally elevate Garcia, I reckon. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted Tuesday at 02:35 PM Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 02:35 PM It's GrandSlam France tonight (2am): Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted Tuesday at 02:55 PM Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 02:55 PM Just casually dropping a PPV level card on free TV. What a company! I'm hoping for a shock Okada title win. Quote
The King of Old School Posted Tuesday at 02:59 PM Posted Tuesday at 02:59 PM (edited) Not particularly that bothered, but thought Jericho/Wayne was happening on this? Or is there a Collision taping afterwards too? Edited Tuesday at 02:59 PM by The King of Old School Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted Tuesday at 03:05 PM Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 03:05 PM That card is ludicrous. Could easily be a PPV. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted Tuesday at 03:10 PM Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 03:10 PM (edited) 12 minutes ago, The King of Old School said: Not particularly that bothered, but thought Jericho/Wayne was happening on this? Or is there a Collision taping afterwards too? Yeah, I think that's part of the Collision taping for Saturday. Edited Tuesday at 03:12 PM by Kamran Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted Tuesday at 03:41 PM Author Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 03:41 PM I had no idea this was happening tonight!! I can't wait. Chris Jericho bizarrely dropping his first name annoys me far more than it should. What's the point?? Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted Tuesday at 04:53 PM Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 04:53 PM That Chris Jericho graphic gets weirder the more I look at it. It kind of looks like Jeff Bridges, with bits of Woody Harrelson and Kris Kristofferson in there too. The one person it doesn't look like is Chris Jericho. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted Tuesday at 04:59 PM Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 04:59 PM Nooseman Alan Rage vs Phil Ofsted. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted Tuesday at 05:04 PM Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 05:04 PM I just saw a video pop up on Facebook from the arena - just a reminder, the show is being taped as we speak but not airing until 2am so watch out for spoilers. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted Tuesday at 06:22 PM Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 06:22 PM Thanks mate! I'll stay off social media till tomorrow morning! Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted Tuesday at 07:15 PM Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 07:15 PM Dream blunt rotation located in Paris. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted Wednesday at 08:01 AM Author Paid Members Posted Wednesday at 08:01 AM A very enjoyable show, with a fantastic crowd that enhanced absolutely everything. It felt like a PPV, though I suppose the Grand Slam shows are the closest thing you get on free TV to being just that. Bandido/Kofi was a lot of fun, and the New Level continue to kill it since their jump to AEW. I'm still astounded that WWE didn't see fit to do more with them after their heel turn, particularly given the level they are performing at right now. I'd love to see one or both of them in this year's Continental Classic. Davis & Doyle vs. The Death Riders seemed like an obvious match to me in the sense that it felt inevitable that the Death Riders would win. Yet they didn't, which shocked me. I guess it's to build up to Mox/Davis at Wrestledream, although I do wonder if this will eventually lead to them adding someone new to their ranks, perhaps either Sheamus or Dragunov. It's probably the best way to use Sheamus at this point - and Claudio/Sheamus vs. Davis/Doyle very much appeals to me as a potential slugfest. It was nice to see Aminata get a World title shot even if the outcome was very obvious. She proved that she deserved to be pushed at that higher level, and I hope this is not a one-and-done for her as far as a top spot in the company goes. She seems like a very good candidate to eventually unseat Persephone. I actually really enjoyed Joe/Perry and I hope they run that match back. Giving Perry a mountain to conquer is a good idea, and I think there are legs in turning this into a longer storyline. The Nick Wayne/Jericho video package was well done, and Wayne has progressed enormously on the mic. Ospreay/Okada was great and it once again highlighted to me just how much I want Okada to become AEW World Champion. He's the best heel in wrestling, and he looks like he's having the time of his life being an absolute arsehole. He probably is, to be fair! Having just said that, deep down I know that taking the belt off Ospreay this soon isn't the right move and there's probably more storyline value in giving him an extended title run, having the matches of his life against AEW's best. AEW continues its hot streak, and I can't wait for Collision. Quote
The King of Old School Posted Wednesday at 08:42 AM Posted Wednesday at 08:42 AM Hadn't thought about Sheamus as a death rider, interesting thought especially with the history with Claudio and what a good team they were. Bucks vs Sheamus/Claudio at Full Gear for the Tag Titles I could definitely get on board with. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.