WyattSheepMask Posted 17 hours ago Posted 17 hours ago Osprey over with the Black/Red Arrow will be a fitting tribute Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted 15 hours ago Posted 15 hours ago I normally watch Dynamite in the office on a Thursday morning, but it'll have to wait til the evening otherwise my co-workers are going to be rather concerned about the inevitable tears. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted 15 hours ago Posted 15 hours ago Moxley vs Orange Cassidy for the Continental Title has been added to tonight’s show Quote
Liam O'Rourke Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago An all-time incredible, beautiful, heart-wrenching, surreal, tragic masterpiece of wrestling television. I really wish we never had to see it. Quote
BrodyGraham Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago (edited) I'm in tears. A perfect 2 and a bit hours of wrestling telly to celebrate a man who was the perfect pro wrestler, at least to me anyway. I wonder if they release any more of those locker room tributes cos I'd wager there's a good few not on the show. I've gotta get up for work in about 2 hours, but I was never not watching that. That last vignette and shot were perfect. It was all perfect. Edited 9 hours ago by BrodyGraham Quote
Mr.Showtime Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago I'm a total wreck after watching that. Luckily I work at home so nobody else has to see it. God, how it must feel for those guys and gals who worked with Pac, travelled and socialised with him every week for years, away from their families and home comforts. AEW put on a beautiful show that still made me smile and surprise me, despite the sad occasion. And it was really nice to hear the statement read out from Pac's family. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted 6 hours ago Paid Members Posted 6 hours ago (edited) An incredible image on par with the last shot of the show. Danielson made me smile coming out for the main event in an otherwise sad and somber watch. Another great video package that I wish we didn’t have to see. Edited 6 hours ago by TheBurningRed Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted 6 hours ago Author Paid Members Posted 6 hours ago In a year where All In 2026 happened, the greatest PPV of all time, it's remarkable and appropriate that AEW managed to put on arguably the best show of the year in the PAC tribute show. That was incredible. Moving, emotional, tragic but also beautiful and, at times, joyful. It was exactly what a PAC tribute show should have been, as wonderful as he was. I hadn't thought for a second that Danielson might make his return to the ring on this show, but what a tribute that in itself was. Frankly, I never thought we'd see Bryan wrestle again. The fact he was willing to do so with no time at all to prepare was so meaningful. The very definition of a bittersweet moment - something I always wanted to see, but not in circumstances I ever could have wanted. Moxley/Orange was one of the best matches of the year. In fact, Moxley was incredible throughout this show and really showed why he is one of the greatest of all time and the beating heart of AEW. He put on incredible matches, made me laugh and also made me shed tears. His post All-Out promo was one of the most fitting tributes to PAC, without it ever having been intended to be that. It's one of his all-time great promos, and the fact that it was the last time we saw PAC on camera for AEW is gut-wrenching. I'm glad they aired it, it felt very appropriate to do so. Renee Paquette delivering that statement from the family was absolutely devastating, but she deserves enormous credit for being able to do that. I don't think I could have. Like her husband, she's one of the best ever at what she does and her ability to do something like this is further evidence of that. Marina Shafir was also incredible throughout this show. She comes across as one of the biggest badasses in wrestling (and certainly did here) but her multiple tributes to PAC, to Ben, were so emotional, and so appropriate. That said, every single person who appeared on this show deserves enormous credit. They were all incredible - Hangman, Ospreay, Ricochet, The Bucks, Omega, Ricochet, each member of the Don Callis Family, Persephone, Mercedes, Britt Baker, Thunder Rosa, Hyan, Swerve and the New Level, Jay White, Tony Schiavone, Excalibur - I'm sure I'm forgetting people but each one of them was amazing. It was an emotional watch, it's something I obviously wish I didn't have to see. But it was exactly what PAC deserved - a spectacular, stunning, even magical show that completely captured the spirit of who PAC was. It couldn't have been more fitting. Well done to all involved, and RIP PAC. I'll miss you. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted 6 hours ago Posted 6 hours ago Another one glad to be working from home because I'm a fucking wreck. Just a perfect show. No notes. Exactly what he deserved. Full of love and wrestling just like his life. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago They do tribute shows better than anyone. Let's hope we never need another for a long time to come. Quote
The King of Old School Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago 1 hour ago, TheBurningRed said: I love this image, Pac has that look of "what the fuck are you hugging for?" on him. Not watched it all yet, but from what I have seen it's brilliant. Mox/Orange was fantastic. I'll watch the rest later, but as said AEW hit a home run on tribute shows every time, and lets hope there are no more for a long time yet. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted 5 hours ago Paid Members Posted 5 hours ago What a mixed bag of a show. Never has a brilliant show left me feeling so broken. My wife walked in to the room as Hangmans locker room promo was playing, and she walked out in tears. Ive, for my own mental health, played down how much I loved Pac, nothing more to say really. Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted 5 hours ago Paid Members Posted 5 hours ago What a fantastic tribute show. Should never have had to happen but perfectly done from top to bottom. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago 39 minutes ago, The King of Old School said: I'll watch the rest later, but as said AEW hit a home run on tribute shows every time, and lets hope there are no more for a long time yet. So much of it should be easy to do - let people go out there, be themselves, say and do what they feel comfortable with and that's how it all comes across so genuine and sincere in an industry where that's often hard to find. Sometimes it's the overthinking and the overcomplicating that leads to things getting messy. Nature of the human condition and grief in general really. I think one of the toughest things in these scenarios is putting together one of those tribute videos. I can't imagine the pressure in getting that right and trying to choose what to put in and the music etc. They absolutely fucking nailed that though. Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago Only saw clips, will likely watch the full show tonight, but what I saw had tears filling up my eyes with how wonderful it was Seeing Mox and Danielson embrace would have been great enough but to have BD then reunite with the Riders for the main event was next level emotional and in a way brings it back full circle as it was PAC’s return from injury at All In 24 to team with Claudio and Wheeler was the spark that led to the BCC turning on Bryan a few weeks later at All Out and becoming the Death Riders Excalibur just about holding it together to deliver his tribute at the start then cracking laughs with Tony during Mox’s entrance was another example as to why he’s one of the best PBPs in the game On a side note, and a typically funny moment for the company, bringing Wardlow back tonight of all nights just to stick him as yet another muscle for Don Callis only to Trump it with Danielson’s one night return was just genius Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.